Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DualHead-Clone - different refresh rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DualHead-Clone - different refresh rates?

Hullo,

Using the 5.4 drivers, and Win98SE, I could "clone" my primary display to a TV and have different refresh rates for each (eg. 75 on the monitor and 50 (PAL) on the TV).

But now I am using the 5.52 drivers and when I "clone" to the TV they force the refresh rate of the monitor to that of the TV; to make things worse the drivers then disable the refresh rate dropdown list when I go to customise the monitor settings!

Does anyone know how to get around this? Have I screwed something up or is this a "feature" of the 5.52 drivers?

Thanks.
    Paul S. Elliott

- Check if the "Use optimal refresh rate" checkbox is checked in the Clone Settings dialog. This option is reset if you installed the display driver with the "use default settings" (or something like it) option checked in the Setup Wizard.

- If you try to customize the monitor by selecting "adjust the current display mode" while in clone TV mode, you are in fact adjusting the TV - not the monitor. To adjust ytour monitor, either disable the Clone TV mode before proceeding or select "Adjust another Display Mode" and select the resolution and pixel depth you are currently using, but make sure you select the entry with a refresh rate specified, NOT NTSC / PAL.

Phoenix

Comment

Thanks Phoenix, you are quite correct.

Paul.S.Elliott

Comment

Working...
      X