Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max resolution secondary display

hi,
    i changed the resolution from secondary from 1024 to 1280. now that is fine, but hard to read on the 17" which is my 2ndary display.

the only problem is that i dont find any option to turn the resolution back.

under dual-head it sayS:

Max Resolution Secondary Display
    1280x1024
    (Plug and Play Monitor)

if i remember right i could alterbefore there the resolution. any hints?

The maximum resolution listed indicated your monitor is recognized as a plug-n-play monitor - this means your monitor itself provides its maximum resolution without user intervention.

If you really want to specify yourself the maximum resolution of your secondary monitor, turn your monitor off while Windows is booting; the display driver won't be able to detect the second monitor and will offer you the option to select the maximum resolution. The monitor detection process happens during windows bootup and can proceed only if your monitor is on at that time.

But I fail to see why you would want to change the max. resolution manually.

Phoenix

Comment

thanks. i will try that.

well its easy why changing it:

i dont wish to get eye-cancer.. the text quality at 1280x1024 on my 17" CTX is not good. in 1024x768 its ok, but in 1280 it just sucks.
      so as long as i dont wish to get headashes from it, i wont run it on 1280.

my primary runs on 1280x1024 but its a sony 19" 400PS with a err definately better quality.

Comment

Working...
      X