Win2k & Dualhead list of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k & Dualhead list of problems

Here is the list of problems I have seen so far with the Win2K support for the DualHead :

1) No individual monitor control.
    So far, there is no way for controling display size/depth (a la Win98) or refresh rate (a la NT)..

2) Powerdesk size inconsistent with monitor capabilities.
    My favorite size is 1152*864*2.. Both monitors are identical and can both do 1152*864.. However I am forced to go to 1280*1024*2 because Pdesk doesn't allow me to use 1152*864*2...

3) Maxview breaks various apps..
    Enabling maxview breaks (in my case) the explorer and winzip.. I've seen msgs with other apps being broken by maxview.. However, working with maxview disabled is really painful..

4) Maxview is broken
    Maximizing with maxview enabled doesn't take into account the taskbar (the maximized window goes below the taskbar, making part of it invisible/inaccessible). I sent 2 msgs to matrox about this one.. no answer yet.

5) previously available NT Pdesk capabilities gone
    I used to be able under NT to indicate that I didn't want dialog spanning multiple display.. That's gone..

6) No D3D or AGP support...
    dxdiag tells me I have no D3D acceleration support.. So do various DX7 utilities.. (note: this is probly not pdesk related).

Good luck to all,

Ivan

1) Individual monitor refresh adjustments will be in PowerDesk 6.10.

2) 1152x864 x2 is currently supported - don't know why it's not listed on your system

3 and 4) The MaxVIEW bugs have been fixed and should be available in the next driver release.

5) You can use CenterPopup in the Multi-Display Settings dialog (available in the QuickDesk menu).

6) DirectX IS in the Win2k drivers. You are correct assuming this is not PowerDesk-related.

Phoenix

Comment

Working...
    X