How to completely remove PD5.50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to completely remove PD5.50?

In order to avoid the "getting kicked back to desktop" problem with some OpenGL games, I installed PD5.30+TurboGL for a nice stable system. Bad things started to happen when I was a bit curious and installed the PD5.50 drivers to see whether the ICD is faster.

I used the uninstaller, overwrote the 5.50 files when the setup of 5.30 asked me to, but still get problems from the PD5.50 installation.

Is there anything else I should be doing to completely remove 5.50 from my system?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Did you reboot inbetween using the latest uninstaller and reinstalling the old drivers?

btw, when the setup asks you for the new drivers, don't let it auto-install the latest drivers (press cancel), but instead point it to the right directory where it can get the drivers from.

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 08 February 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thankyou for your reply.

Yes, I used the uninstaller, rebooted, pointed the auto-install to the W9x_530 folder, rebooted again. Problems from 550 still existed, at least for the game I play most, Quake Team Fortress.

I somehow managed to get rid of the problem after a while though, and I think it was after I ran "setup.exe" from the W9x_530 folder.

Comment

Have you reinstalled the TGL (rightclick the monitor icon in the system tray, choose TurboGL Manager) if you use TGL at least?

Running the setup.exe from the MGA-folder helps alot as well, and even reinstalling DirectX can help alot !

Jorden.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
        X