monitor profiles in W2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor profiles in W2K

Does anyone if it is possible to enable matrox monitor profiles in windows 2000? I have a custom profile for my monitor, and I cant run at high resolutions without it. I've tried using both the Matrox Beta drivers and the Microsoft drivers and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

thanx

Matrox Monitor profiles are not yet supported on Win2k. PowerDesk 6.10, which will be available with the 5.10 Win2k drivers, should have it. I have no release date yet.

If you want to enable resolutions higher than those normally available in Win2k, go to the Microsoft Monitor page (under advanced settings) and make sure all modes are shown (the checkbox in the page controls this - I don't remember the exact words on the control).

Once this is done, all resolutions and refresh rates your display adapter can use will be available through the Settings page regardless of the monitor selected in Windows. Be careful though: since all safeguards are removed, make sure the refresh rate you use is compatible with the resolution you want to try (for example: if your monitor can do 1800x1440 at 60Hz, make sure you switch to 60Hz BEFORE changing your resolution to 1800x1440. Win2k tries to preserve the same refresh when changing modes, and if you're using 70Hz in your current mode, you might end up in 1800x1440@70Hz - in which case you won't see anything on your screen).

Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 30 January 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the info. My problem is that for some reason my monitor looks like crap at 85Khz, but it looks really good at 83-84Khz(at 1024x768) but I can only choose 75 or 85 in windows right now. Hopefully they'll release the 5.10 drivers soon and it wont be a long wait for drivers(which wouldnt be that much out of character for matrox).

-chris

Comment

Working...
      X