W2K (final version) driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K (final version) driver problems

I just installed w2k (build 2195 = the final RTM version)
    it autodetected my millenium g200 agp and installed the microsoft drivers for it (dated 7/10/99 version 5.0.2144.1)
    i downloaded the w2k500.zip and unzipped it and installed as described in the readme. after a reboot, when the screen switches into graphical mode (after the color vga start up splash screen) the screen remains black.
    if i reboot in VGA mode then it works, and i see that nothing has been installed, no matrox directories or powerdesk icons ..., although the installation script gave a succesfull instalation .

Does anyone has an idea what to do, or is the microsoft driver the latest ?

thanks in advance
    bruno

I think those drivers are for G400 ONLY.

The drivers supplied with win2k support DX7 but no OGL (this is same for ALL cards on the HCL, OpenGL will be provided by the hardware vendor at a later date)

Comment

I have the same exact ppoblem with my matrox g400. I have build 2195. Can anyone help??//
      HElp me plese

Comment

My advice is to not use Win2k beta drivers. They are buggy as hell. Especially on SMP systems. I'm waiting new drivers... Meanwhile, I'm using this "good" old Windows 98SE...

Comment

I have some problems on my SMP box, the beta works fine but Rogue spear on the zone kept crashing, no problem playing it single, Age of Empires is alright playing on the zone, I am still tracing the problem, any suggestions out there?

Comment

The Matrox drivers are buggy as hell !!!
            Just use the MS sertified drivers,
            they are rock stable.

Boot in safe mode and change to the MS driver.

- Anders

Comment

Working...
            X