Powerdesk 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdesk 6?

Just a little curiousity about what this new driver set will feature... directx 7 support? glide? (now that it is open source)

Any info would be satisfying =)

PowerDesk 6 will be initially released for Win2k. It will appear later on Win9x. The only noteworthy addition to the PowerDesk tools is a set of features, already present on NT4, to manage windows when multiple screens are used (including DualHead multi-display). I don't know the specifics for the display driver features.

Phoenix.

Comment

Does Win2k allow DualHead to be handled as it is under Win 98 as effectively 2 separate devices with independent control over resolution and refresh rate? Or are we to be stuck with the NT4-like implementation of the current beta where we have one virtual desktop with both outputs fixed at the same resolution?

Comment

Didn't Matrox issue a statement that they were "Lobbying" Microsoft to put Multi-display support in W2k?
        I assume that means it's not in there now and must be kluged like NT.
        chuck

Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Win2k as it stands now does not support multiple outputs from a single display adapter. We hope MS adds this to a future point release of the OS.

Phoenix.

Comment

Well that's the final nail in the coffin of Win2K for me, not that I was really enthused on moving to it, I just gotta have my independent resolutions

Comment

Working...
            X