need info on reg settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need info on reg settings

Is there any place(s) that have detailed info on the reg settings for the G-series drivers? I know about the reghacks and the accompanying text file. And all the reg pages still have the old info for the 4.x drivers, nothing for 5.x. Even they don't go into detail about the settings though. I know the basics of what D3DRendering (subpixel accuracy), Anistropic filtering, etc. are, but I would like some in-depth info on them - performance gains / hits, affect on visual quality, and, most importantly, exactly what they mean to the G200 / G400. Like anistropic filtering - the G200 doesn't actually support this (unless I am mistaken), but there is a registry setting for it. So what is it actually doing? Enabling / disabling it does change bench results, so it is doing something. And how can you toggle to 15bit color instead of 16bit color now? Haven't been able to figure it out with the new drivers....

Any info that can be directly posted, or any links that can be provided will be much appreciated. I've checked all the links available from the MURC and not found what I wanted. Few others sites that deal with vid cards, performance gaming, and what not, but no luck.
    "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."
Working...
X