Powerdesk - W2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdesk - W2K

I installed w2k a couple of weeks ago, downloaded the drivers for my g400, and was disappointed! I have become used to running 2048x1536, 69Hz under NT4, and was not able to set that mode.
    OK, I thought, I'll just have to wait for the powerdesk, and then make a "userdefined" monitor with the right settings.
    So when I saw that there were new drivers and a powerdesk available, I was delighted!
    And then disappointed again when there was still no way to "tweak" modes.
    Am I blind, or should I just forget about 2048x1536?

Does anyone know how to edit one of those .inf files that describes the monitor?
    I tried that too, but with no result.

/Peter

I use 2048x1536 under Windows 98, and I too was hoping to find the "tweak" features in the new Powerdesk for Windows 2000. I don't believe it's currently possible. It seems the available resolutions are defined in the driver code itself, and not in the registry or in a monitor definition file as in previous versions of Powerdesk. This may be a limitation of the NT/2000 operating system, since under NT4 the Matrox monitor settings are in their own control panel application separate from the main display settings applet. Perhaps Matrox is still working on this part of Powerdesk for Windows 2000...?

------------------
    Mark Veneziano

Mark Veneziano

Comment

The monitor tuning utility is planned to be ported to Win2k. We just didn't have the time to make it work before the initial Win2k release.

Sorry about this

Phoenix.

Comment

No problem. I'm definitely glad to hear that it will be making an appearance sometime in the future!

------------------
        Mark Veneziano

Mark Veneziano

Comment

Are the drivers for Win2K DX7 or for DX6 ?
          Also how have the improvements been going on the openGL drivers for win2K ?

Comment

Working...
          X