System Spec:
    MB: Asus dual PIII 500, 256Mb RAM
    AGP: G400 MAX (5.00.007)*
    connected to 2x21"
    PCI: Graphics Blaster Riva TNT
    connected to 1x17"
    PCI: SB Live! Platinum
    PCI: 3com NIC

* The BIOS is selected to select the PCI as the primary video card as 2000 didn't want to multimonitor otherwise. Under windows 200 itslef however the G400 is the primary (#1) display.

I am interesting in seeing who has suffered / solved any of the following problems:

1. Due to a scre up with my suppliers I got a G400 MAX OEM. But I don't know if its really a MAX. How can I tell?

2. Prior to the installation of the TNT the G400 worked almost flawlessly. GDI and DDraw both worked in any mode and resolution. D3D however would work for about five minutes before crashing horribly: The game (homeworld) would continue to run, but the screen would start filling randomly with pixels. The game generally did not hang totally, and I could navigate "blind" through the exit options back to the windows desktop. Despite the switching of the mode back the random pixel fill continued till I restarted (with the reset button at that point).

2. Post the Installation of the TNT I can no longer run DDraw at all. GDI seems stable though. If I run dxdiag, and perform the directdraw tests I get the follwoing results:
    2.1 Running the direct draw test on the TNT works flawlessly.
    2.2 Running the directdraw test against my primary directdraw device - the G400 results in instant system lockup (the first test draw black and white rects on the desktop - it draws the 1st two before hanging the PC).

3. I was disapointed to find that the DualHead did not expose both CRT's as seperate devices to 2000. Bugger. Nonetheless currently (with the display accross two monitors) I can only select up to 85Hz refresh on the primary, and the secondary does not ahve a refresh rate that I can find. The monitor has a diagnostic that tells me its running at 60Hz.

I was hoping for a lot closer to 120Hz on the primary with 85 at least on the secondary which the Matrox spec sheet seems to claim the device capable of.
Working...
X