Problems with AGP 2X registry settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with AGP 2X registry settings

I am having problems getting my G200 card to work in AGP 2X mode. I tried to use the registry hacks, however, for some odd reason, the structure of my registry seems to be quite a bit different from that of the .reg file in the hack. The hack states that in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrox\PowerDesk\Curre nt Settings]
    AGPFLAGs is 1 or -1
    However, I found an additional "Version 5" directory in the registry and no "current settings" key.
    If I manually constuct a key, there is no change in the operation of the card. According to Powerstrip, the G200 continues to operate in AGP 1X mode although both the card and the motherboard support 2x.
    I am using a PII 266, Intel AL440LX motherboard and 5.3 drivers.

This G200 card is actually a "broken" Matrox G200 from a compaq deskpro computer, which I initially thought to be a Millenium G200 (due to lack of TV out). However, by the appearance of the Ram chips (SDRAM as opposed to SGRAM), it is seems to be a specially made OEM card for compaq. Unfortunately, this card would not boot, which I fixed by replacing the BIOS with a Millenium AGP BIOS and a Millenium G200 SD AGP pins file. The card itself seems to work fine except for the problem stated above.

By the way, has anyone gotten the G200 to work w/ Opengl tribes? It works at about 1 frame per second on my computer.

Nevermind the AGP 2x thing..i got it to work. However, does anyone have a solution for Tribes?

Comment

Working...
    X