Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.30 drivers and G200.

Hi boyz!
    I have a MAX G200 8Mb that is working fine with 4.51 drivers but isn't recognized if i try to install the new 5.30.007 drivers (obviously i have uninstalled the old ones!):
    the setup procedure will shows only 'G100 productiva' choice!!!
    The previous 5.20 driver's setup procedure(that are indicate 'Microsoft Certificate' in the MURC) doesn't recognize any compatible card!
    -My system is a ASUS-P2b mobo based with a Celeron 300A (450MHz O/Ced) 64Mb.
    Has anyone any idea? Thank You.

[This message has been edited by Mark8 (edited 12 November 1999).]

You prbably have a Mystique and not a MAX G200... This seem to be a bug in the driver installation. If you install then with the INF file they will work but might still display G100 MM.... in any case, I recommend the use of the 5.25

Comment

What is the problem with the 5.30 drivers with the G200? I have had no trouble with them - that I am aware of, anyway
      P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

I had the same problem installing 5.30.007 after downloading it from MURC. The installer didn't recognize my G200 Mystique and gave me an option for some G100 multi-monitor card instead. So I aborted the install.

Then I checked out the Matrox web site and found a 'revised' 5.30.007 download file (revised 11/11/99). This new installation worked perfectly. You may want to give that a try!

------------------
        Gunner Joe
        Gunner Joe

Comment

5.30 don't work with supersocket 7, as far as feedback goes, and appears to be less performant than the 5.25... I would simply wait for a newer release.

Comment

Ehm... Zwisch, you have reason i have a Mystique G200, but i made a mistake writing 'MAX' (i thought MAX=MATROX!). Anyway i would know how can i extract the INF file out of the 5.30 setup folder without launch the setup proc!
            Gunner joe has given to me a big hope because i tomorrow will try the revised 5.30.007; today the Matrox FTP site was very slow. BYE BYE anyone.

Comment

Hi,

Try the the revised 5.30 first. If not, extract the drivers somewhere. Go in your Device Manager, under display adapter, choose yours, driver tab, update drivers, ... ... display a list.. and when you get teh have disk option, simply guide it to where you extracted the drivers...

Z

Comment

Hi Mark8

Did you use the Matrox uninstaller on the 4.51 drivers ?. I did this and not only did it uninstall the drivers but also removed the IRQ setting for my G200. I didn't realise this until I tried to install the latest driver .......nothing happened, I was still on the standard vga minimum.At this point I smelled a rat, so after a bit of investigation found the IRQ problem, got windoze to find my g200 and assign a Irq, pointed it in the direction of my mgafolder installed the drivers and rebooted. Hey presto the drivers work. Unfortunately I had a few desktop problems. Cured those by running the driver setup but this time within the mgafolder directly, chose 'keep existing settings' when prompted, rebooted and everything including ogl is working fine.
                sorry about the lengthy reply, but hey it might help someone. Check you've still got an irq listed for your G200.
                Bye
                Dave

Comment

Hi Boyz!

I've just tried the revised 5.30 drv suggested by Gunner Joe and the things turns better. The G200 Mystique is recognized normally by setup proc and goes on. A little trouble (?) was born after this update but i think to have fixed it (or so hope!): the quick reboot (shift key and restart Win98) got the System Hangs up while the black screen with the text 'Windows restarting' was displayed (needs only cool reset to restart). After a few of tries i have discovered that if uncheck the 'execute quickdesk at the windows restart' option in screen properties-advanced-options the things are ok. Anyway i'll do others tests and i'll "murcwrite" the news!

Thanks everyone.
                  Bye Boyz ...Mark8...

[This message has been edited by Mark8 (edited 17 November 1999).]

Comment

-My system is a ASUS-P2b mobo based with a Celeron 300A (450MHz O/Ced) 64Mb.
                    Has anyone any idea? Thank You.

Ever though about clocking the thing back to 300MHz and try again? Wouldn't be the first 300a system that I fixed this way even though the owner thinks/claims it is 100% stable.

And if it is realy stable you can always clock it back afterwards.

Armin

Comment

Working...
                    X