Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the newest drivers...

Hi all!
    I'm having problems with the 5.2+ drivers... Everything I try to run that make use of OpenGL (Games, Screensavers, Wintune tests!) crashes. With old drivers (5.11) everything works fine (sometimes that blue screen appears, but is only!). Theres a significative gain of performance (both direct3d and opengl) with this new driver?
    Why this crash accurs?

My system:
    G400 16 MB SH
    Celeron 366@522 (no, no, the problem isn't on o/c!)
    Abit BP6
    32 sdram

tks!

Quite odd since the 5.11 were causing more problems then the 5.30. You did uninstall the 5.11 before installing the 5.30 with the uninstall utility?
    Do D3D applications work ok?

Comment

have you tried the card in 1X to see if you still have the same problems? i agree with Jazz, make sure that you completely uninstall your previous drivers when you update!

Comment

yes, I uninstalled then installed the new ones...
        All applications in direct3d works ok.
        Wintune just crash when testing opengl.
        Now I'll try to put card in AGP 1x to see what happens!

tks anyway!

Comment

Again! I tryed in AGP 1x but that problem wasn´t solved!
          Could DirectX 7 affect the drivers? I´m using DirectX 7 (brazilian-portuguese) under win 98 - not SE - (brazilian-portuguese too).

I also reinstalled Windows, but the problem persists...

Comment

Yeah, you re-installed it... did you re-format your drive? if not, you wasted your time. I know, I've done it.

------------------
            k6-3 450 @500 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - wdac310100 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 PD 5.25 - AGP1x - 128MB 10ns sdram - sblive value 2.1 - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
            dx7

abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
            g400 max-
            256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
            dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
            Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

I've found the problem! DIRECTX 7!!!! I cacth on the web a small utility that removes directx from your machine, and so, you can install another version!
              Ok I did it! I removed directx7 and then I installed 6.1! Now everything are working just fine!
              However the icon of the multimedia properties in my control panel had disappeared! hehehe

tks for all replies!

Comment

Great - now it's your turn. What's that URL?

------------------
                k6-3 450 @500 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - wdac310100 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 PD 5.25 - AGP1x - 128MB 10ns sdram - sblive value 2.1 - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
                dx7

g400 max-
                256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME

Comment

Put your email right here or write-me at neris@yawl.com.br
                  I send you by email! It´s just 75 kb. I can´t remember where I got it from!

Comment

Just click on the snail-mail icon to reply direct.
                    g400 max-

Comment

Ey mate!

I've had the same problems, do you think you could mail the util to me to?

------------------

//Laban
                      //Laban

Comment

Ehm...maybe I should have included my address too

laban@gmx.net

------------------

//Laban
                        //Laban

Comment

I found the utility:

<a href="http://www.ebrink.com/dxun/Direct.htm">http://www.ebrink.com/dxun/Direct.htm</a>

//Laban

Comment

I got the same problem with Neris, only I uninstalled 5.30 driver with powerdesk uninstall utility and installed the 5.20 driver. everything work fine after that. the message appear is "there error on g400icd.dll or something" so it must be the mini icd, i guess. i've tried to re-format my hdd, re-installed all, try the win98, win98se, dx 6.1, dx 7, the problems still occured.

my spec:
                            p3/500
                            asus p3bf
                            128 mb micron cas 3
                            36x cd-rom
                            2 x 8.4 gb quantum cr
                            sb live! value
                            g400 max
                            17" nec monitor

Comment

that dx7 uninstall doesn't get it all
                              g400 max-

Comment

Working...
                              X