Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to changing drivers

Hi all....
    I have recently bought a new computer box...
    built by my local shop to my specs....
    PIII 500 128ram SB Live value
    Matrox G400 32mb Dual head 5.25 drivers
    IBM Deskstar 22gb GXP hard drive

I recently downloaded the new 5.30 drivers
    but am reluctant to install them......after reading about all the problems people are having... also can I install them over the old drivers..... I have never done a uninstall of drivers before....have always
    update the old ones.....
    my current system seems to running ok with
    the 2 demo stages of the new rally champs
    also Unreal is ok..... but I still like
    to have a blast with Duke Nukem 3d and
    Shadow warrier.... after about 5 minutes of
    play in these .... I get dumped back to the
    desktop......
    BTW I am 53yrs old..not a computer newbie only newbie for games now that I have a
    fast system....

The 5.30 drivers are actually ok. To uninstall http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001690.html
    At worst I think Matrox has that uninstall on their web site. Not sure where though.

Comment

go into start/programs/accessories/system tools/system information and print out every tidbit of your pc. Once you start with new drivers, it'll be an on-going adventure. When you want to put it back the way you had it when everything used to work (like now), you'll have that info.
      Dont just save as a file, 'cause when you re-format, it'll be gone

------------------
      k6-3 450 @500 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - wdac310100 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 PD 5.25 - AGP1x - 128MB 10ns sdram - sblive value 2.1 - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
      dx7

abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
      g400 max-
      256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
      dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
      Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Working...
      X