Icons all over. Powerdesk or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icons all over. Powerdesk or not.

Just out of curiosity. Has anyone else experienced problems with the icons on their desktop. My are all over the place no matter what I do... They just won't stay where I place them. Everytime I boot I have new surprises. Using the 5.30.007 (MAX). 98SE, P2B-F,PIII
    The only way I've found that will solve the problem is to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. However I've done this twice already in the past two weeks.

[This message has been edited by JAZZ (edited 27 October 1999).]

if you right-click the desktop, is 'autoarrange' checked in the 'arrange icons' menu?
    I find the icons move around after video driver re-installation but at least they always stay on left side of screen

------------------
    k6-3 450 @500 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - wdac310100 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 PD 5.25 - AGP1x - 128MB 10ns sdram - sblive value 2.1 - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
    dx7

abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tip but no go. It's not checked at the moment and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Comment

waht happens if you check/uncheck the autoarrange?

Comment

As I was telling Paul, it doesn't make a difference.
          Ça ne fait pas de différence.

Comment

With autoarrange on, any icons dropped on the desktop fall into place top-left down + across.
            With it off, you could drop or group icons anywhere.
            g400 max-
            256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME

Comment

I knew what auto arrange meant... I wanted to know if the result was different with this option enabled disabled...

Comment

sorrry Z, You might not have seen Jazz' reply ..."it doesn't seem to make a difference".
                C - If you drop icons over other icons, the original icons will move out of the way (unless it's a file on a drive or printer). I also noticed that sometimes icons drawn top/bottom and vica-versa on boot. Just be thankful Windows gets to the desktop.
                g400 max-

Comment

Hi Paul,

And the saga continues... If you knew all that I have tried to this point... you'd laugh, from trying different drivers to changing my socks... It's a new game everytime I reboot. It's called look for my icons... Wanna play??
                  Auto arrange is the only mini-solution to this point, but this is not the configuration I'm looking for. Anyway, I'll format sometime next week, I'm pretty sure it'll solve it.

Comment

hmmm
                    i have my desktop icons in auto-arrange on the left
                    but i know what your talking about,
                    my E and F drives swap round periodically
                    and if i leave them they gradually work thre way up the to top of the line >>>
                    whats that about

i didnt notice it when i was using 5.30
                    buti had to revery back to 5.25 for vid tools compatibility :O)
                    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
                    X