mix'n'match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mix'n'match

anybody know if it is possible to use the G400 drivers, dll/vxd etc from PD5.3 with the mgaqdesk from 4.2 or w.h.y.???

or should I expect smoke.....

arth

why would you want to do this? are you talking about older drivers or the 4.22 for NT? In either case this shoudl not work... not too sure why since I am not a programmer but still...

[This message has been edited by Zwisch (edited 30 October 1999).]

Comment

If I'm not mistaking Matrox removed all virtual desktop features after the 4.26 drivers (I'm pretty sure those have the feature).
      So if you are using a G400 you are out of luck. No 4.x drivers will work with that card.

Comment

virt. desktop also removed from all certified drivers
        abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
        g400 max-
        256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
        dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
        Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

hello,
          well, out of ignorance or w.h.y. I supposed that the virtual desktop feature was supplied by qdesk which fed data, or something, about it to the actual card 'drivers' - any of the 'complete' powerdesk installs I have examined do not have drivers for G400 except 5.xx which don't have virt desktop?

I have tried to install 4.51 (G200 drivers) but got a message about 'no matrox card installed'!!

what d'ya think?

arth

Comment

Working...
          X