Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who got problems with the 5.30 drivers please post here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who got problems with the 5.30 drivers please post here!

whoever got problems with the 5.30 Drivers please post here with What CPU and mobo U're using.
    Just want to make sure which platform will have more problems on 5.30
    So far, My K6-2 300/400 System got problems,
    One of my friend's Pentium II 300 got problems.
    But 2 of my friends that got a Athlon 500+SD-11 runs perfectly.
    GRR
    AE86 RULES!

Good idea...

I get blue screens with 5.30 when starting any 3D accel app, otherwise it seem to work just as 'fine' as the rest of 5.x drivers. I've went so for as installing a clean win98 and removing all PCI cards... no change. No other driver give me this error.

I very much suspect a super7 incompability (VIA MVP3) since no slot 1 or slot A users seem to have problems. It surewould be nice to hear from those who use ALI based super7 systems, if they got similar problems. Also, mabye MVP3 revisions make a diffrence? (I got early CD revision )

My system is a Aopen AX59Pro rev 1.3 running a AMD K6-2 450MHz at 100*4.5 and 2.4 volts. The Matrox card is a Mystique G200.

Comment

What a surprise. Even WORSE. After the ritual cleaning out of old drivers, installed 5.30. OK. Booted up. OK. Switched to 1280x1024. OK. Looked at the Screen saver tab. OK. Machine thinks for a sec, then the 3D pipes begin. For about 5 seconds. WHAM! Blue screen of death : Fatal Exception 0E. Get back to Windows, try to shut the window. Machine hangs. Mouse still moves, keypresses and mouse clicks are greeted with a faint 'click' from the speaker. CTRL ALT DELETE. Now I'm back at PD 4.51. It works. Nothing else has since.

I'm on

AMD K6-2 3D 350MHz
      AOpen AX59pro (VIA MVP3)
      Matrox Millennium G200 8Mb AGP
      Diamond Monster 3D II (Voodoo 2)
      128Mb SDRAM
      Windows 98
      and the rest.

Is it a SS7 problem? Is the MVP3 chipset the thing? I'm fed up chasing after the latest drivers. I'm fed up with wasting my time. I'm fed up with Matrox. I'm fed up with non-existent tech support. Not happy.

Comment

Hi,

Seems that these drivers do not work right with the G200... Not stable in 2X with most boards and you will get the blue screen in 3D games with all VIA chipset. But it's fine for me with my G400

Z

Comment

AGP 2x on VIA chipset doesn't work.

Ok. Anyone who can figure out how to force 5.30 to AGP 1x, feel free to post here

These are the registry keys to play with:

AGP
          AGPFallback
          AGPFlags
          AGPExecuteModel

The first three should be in settings/engine and the last one in settings/directx

[This message has been edited by [Bozo] (edited 14 October 1999).]

Comment

Im was having simalar problems till i got the new 4 in 1 patch for my VIA SS7 mobo.

My only current problem is D3D apps. No Blue Screen-O- Death, just garbled graphics. lines, boxes, wrong colors, etc...

Im going to re-install everything to see if i can fix it..

will update when done

Comment

Simply need to stay away from the 5.30 until matrox looks into it and finds a solution...

Comment

LOL
                WEEEEeeeeeeee
                I AM SO HAPPY I AM NOT ALONE! (!?...)
                Hehe, I just Got the Same Problem.
                After installed the 5.30 driver, Everything just works like before. e.g : Boot up, to the Desktop, Open Display, Play some video...everything just work like before 5.30 install, but when anything that need HAL like OGL and D3D....BSOD ( Blue Screen Of Death) pops up and says something Fatal Exception shit........Grr......
                I run Q2/3.....After it's main screen pops up, after 1-2 seconds. boom! BSOD pops up~
                All other D3D stuff are having the same problem, even I try all other things but nothing work.( Different MVP3 mobo, AGP Aparture Size, AGP 1x/2x mode....PCI write buffer....) all MVP3 users should stay away from 5.30 Driver until Matrox finds out what the heck is going on.
                AE86 RULES!

Comment

I'm running an Epox 58mvp3c-m with K62 450. Latest drivers from VIA and Win98SE and DX7. I'm running a Mystique G200. Same lockups as everyone else. I tried everything short of disabling DMA, as I don't feel this is an acceptable solution. Gary

Comment

Here's what I've found with my FIC VA-503+ motherboard system K6-III 400Mhz with Millennium G200.

Using 5.30 I get the BSOD with either Direct3D or OpenGL. If I disable bus mastering, then Direct3D works but of course OpenGL doesn't (not supposed to) work without it.

I've gone back to 5.25 and Direct3D and OpenGL both work fine.

Comment

5.30 ruined the 5.x series on my system.
                      4.51 only thing stable.
                      Initial, Bozo, and Archie sum up same prbs.

------------------
                      k6-3 450 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 (With via bm drivers yields 3x performance by 'hdtach')- g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 PD 4.51 (all software disabled)- 128MB 10ns sdram - wdac10100 - sblive value - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2

abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
                      g400 max-
                      256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
                      dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
                      Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

It seems like that the PD5.xx is ONLY for the G400 as nothing with the G200 works with PD5.xx! I know that Matrox states that the PD5.xx is also for the G200, but it simply doesn't work!

Am I wrong in my assumption?

------------------
                        -+-+-+-+-+-
                        El Mariachi
                        +-+-+-+-+-+
                        -+-+-+-+-+-
                        El Mariachi
                        +-+-+-+-+-+

Comment

Same news here. Tyan S1590S 1.16 bios, Vortex1, 64MB PC100, G200 SD AGP 16MB, K62-350. Reverted back to 5.25 and everything is peachy. Anyone with a G400 notice substantial GL performance increase on something other than a P3/Athlon? I'm pining for a new card, and Matrox doesn't seem to have its act together for GL. Since I basically only play Quake varients, I'm hesitent to get a G400.

Tony

Comment

Hm,

After all these, I think I better stick with the older 5.25 PD drivers, despite an expensive upgrade i went through just for the benefit of having my G400 running in a more advanced environment. Guess I'll wait for more stable driver set....

Er, feels like I just said that to myself a short time ago....

------------------
                            ~Godzilla:~
                            • ASUS P2B-LS motherboard, BIOS rev.1010;UW/SCSI o/b
                            • Intel P-III 500 mHz; 64 megs PC-100 RAM
                            • Millenium G400MAX AGP w/Powerdesk 5.25
                            • and
                            • Diamond Monster 3D {Voodoo2 12 meg}
                            • NEC E1100 20" monitor
                            • 6.5 gig UW/SCSI HD
                            • SB Live! w/ current driver set {October}
                            • WACOM artpad-II and generic mouse
                            • SCSI scanner, JAZ drive, printer, yada yada
                            • WIN95 OSR2, still going!
                            • 2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 ferrets, iguana, box turtle, various fish, 3 tarantulas

~Godzilla:~
                            • ASUS P2B-LS motherboard, BIOS rev.1010;UW/SCSI o/b
                            • Intel P-III 500 mHz; 64 megs PC-100 RAM
                            • Millenium G400MAX AGP w/Powerdesk 5.25
                            • and
                            • Diamond Monster 3D {Voodoo2 12 meg}
                            • NEC E1100 20" monitor
                            • 6.5 gig UW/SCSI HD
                            • SB Live! w/ current driver set {October}
                            • WACOM artpad-II and generic mouse
                            • SCSI scanner, JAZ drive, printer, yada yada
                            • WIN95 OSR2, still going!
                            • 2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 ferrets, iguana, box turtle, various fish, 3 tarantulas

Comment

Me too. No more half life or any D3D or OpenGl for that matter. Just blue screen of DEATH.
                              K62 FIC 503+ 1.1a

Comment

Working...
                              X