Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my computer keeps crashing

Dear Matrox

I have a Pentium 3 with 450mhz a Mitsubishi 19 inch monitior 900u diamond pro, a Creative Lab Live value sound card, 64 RAM, Creative Lab DVD rom x5 speed, I have a Matrox G400 Max.

The problem is that while play games my computer goes back into the desktop. Also sometimes it just crashes, and it show a blue screen sometimes saying VXD system error. I have 5.25 PowerDesk drivers and Direct X 7 I am realy getting annoyed please could you help me please.

Could you E-Mail me at Paraz316@yahoo.com
    With a reply

Prashant Kanji

Hi,

First thing to check is that you do not have any IRQ conflicts with your cards... Also you must have the latest LiveWare from Creative Labs for your Live card. Finnally it is always possible that you have traces of older drivers in your system... Make sure that there is only one display adapter and one monitor in the device manager in Safe mode.

Z

Comment

If you've got a VIA MVP3 chipset mobo, make sure you've got the latest mobo drivers installed (especially the AGP patch and IRQ router). I had (and still do have when running AGP 2x) loads of problems with a
      SBLive card. I had to reassign the IRQ of the
      sound card to 5 (via BIOS), and install
      the chipset software. I was using PD 5.3 with
      DX6.1. Also, make sure that the Live card isn't in the PCI slot next to the AGP slot.....
      AMD K6-3 450MHz
      Chaintech 5AGM-2 MB
      (VIA MVP3 chipset)
      64MB RAM
      G400 AGPx1 32MB
      Pioneer 10x DVD
      Panasonic 4x CD-W

Comment

Working...
      X