Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New driver 5.30 with DVD????

HI !!!

Wath does this mean that i found under the new driver???

Not compatible with the Matrox DVD module or the Rainbow Runner G. Hardware DVD and RRG users can use the 4.33 driver.

Will I experience some problems with my DVD-player if I install the new drivers???

MARRE

This is meant for G200 users using the DVD hardware module that comes with Zoran... Simply remember that Zoran is not compatible with any 5.x drivers. No problems for G400 owners.

Z

Comment

Eh Zwisch, are you saying that the DVD upgrade (which is for the G-series) on a G400 board will work with a PD5.xx driver ?

------------------
      -+-+-+-+-+-
      El Mariachi
      +-+-+-+-+-+
      -+-+-+-+-+-
      El Mariachi
      +-+-+-+-+-+

Comment

no, this should still not work since the problem itself lies in the Zoran software... So we can simply say that the DVD module will not work with the G400... in any case, I do not see why one would like to use Zoran when you have the much better program bundled with the G400... might be software, but plays very nicely and is more compatible...

Comment

From what I've seen the connectors are different anyway. I think their web page is misleading... Hope they'll change that.

J

Comment

phisically they are compatible... the limitation is strictly software.

Comment

Oops...
              I just looked. They are the same. Sorry for misleading you.

[This message has been edited by JAZZ (edited 24 October 1999).]

Comment

Working...
              X