CHALLENGE: Drivers for Marvel G200/TV + DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHALLENGE: Drivers for Marvel G200/TV + DVD

If anyone knows the answer to this one, I'd be impressed!

Which drivers TRULY work with the DVD add-on module and the Marvel G200/TV AGP?

As of 10/20/'99, Matrox.com states that display driver 5.25 is not for use with the DVD--they say to use 4.33 . . . but the MS WHQL certified 4.33c supporting the G200 series EXCLUDES THE MARVEL G200.

Worse still, the 4.32.043 driver from the Marvel installation CD causes my Zoran SoftDVD (the hardware-module version from the DVD installation CD) to crash after hitting "play"--a system reboot happens every time.

Can I expect the DVD module to work at all with the Marvel G200/TV? It's imperative that I still be able to use SOME version of the VidTool drivers . . . but the latest, v.1.51, are only for PowerDesk 5.25!

I'm afraid that the dropping of Zoran for Cinemaster in the G400 (right?) may mean no future compatibility . . . somebody please prove me wrong!

N.B.: I'm running an AMD K6-2 400 which is supposed to be compatible with the DVD-supplied version of SoftDVD. I'm very suspicious, though.

Thanks for your advice.

-JPW

It was probably obvious in context but I forgot to mention that I'm using Win 98 for the OS.

Comment

UPDATE: AS of today, 10/21, Matrox has posted DVD module specific drivers: 4.33m and Video Tools vt121.

I'm downloading them now and will be experimenting to see if they solve the Zoran crash-on-play problem.

A fellow user has suggested that the fault may be a conflict with SCSI devices, other CD-ROM drives, and/or bus mastering drivers & their DMA settings. . . .

I hope all of this is worth it.

-JPW

Comment

The "new" 4.33m & VT 1.21 drivers now allow the DVD module's Zoran SoftDVD application to run WITHOUT REBOOTING THE MACHINE ON ME.

Unfortunately, ONLY THE AUDIO PLAYS (and not very well at that).

This is *without* my Gigabyte motherboard's ALi busmastering IDE drivers--they seem to have caused conflict.

Any other ideas from anyone? Why no video?!

Comment

Are you useing the DMA option with youre DVD-drive?

If so try to disable it.

It could be that PD5.xx have left something behind, are you sure that EVERYTHING has been removed?

The DVD upgrade is very sensitive and the smallest thing can make it corrupt the decoding of a movie....

------------------
          -+-+-+-+-+-
          El Mariachi
          +-+-+-+-+-+
          -+-+-+-+-+-
          El Mariachi
          +-+-+-+-+-+

Comment

Working...
          X