Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible resolutions ?

Hi,
    I downloaded a great utility from this site yesterday to add resolutions to PowerDesk 5.x. I had been waiting for almost a year, asking Matrox for info on how to do that, to no avail. I'd like to congratulate and thank the guys who made that great utility!

Now I've tried some weird resolutions (e.g. 720*1024) and they all worked fine. However, 720*480*16-bit was impossible to test when trying to change the default 60Hz refresh rate to 100Hz. In fact, the test screen appears for a split second, then disappears and a message with 'Resolution cannot be tested' (or something on these lines) appears.
    My DDC monitor can go up to 96KHz and more than 120Hz vertical, and that resolution was way below these limits.
    Anyone knows what could be wrong ?
    Thanks.

Hi,

Certain resolutions just will not work as Windows display resolutions. It seems as though Matrox has reserved them in the PowerDesk driver for use as special resolutions, perhaps for full-screen gaming or DVD watching or TV-out. For example, with certain versions of PowerDesk 5, I can't use the supplied resolution of 856x480 as a Windows display resolution. It gives me the same error message when I try to test it.

I don't know of any workarounds for this, but it definitely is not a problem with your monitor or Matrox card, just a quirk of the PowerDesk driver.

------------------
    Mark Veneziano
    Mark Veneziano

Comment

Working...
    X