DIsplay problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIsplay problems

Help!!dunno whats wrong wif my display.. whenever i installed the matrox g400 drivers.. and after i set the display to 800x600 (or above) and 16bit (or above) the images will be garbled,hang,at times blank.. and everytime i have to set restart,go to safemode and reset the settings.i tot it was because of my monitor so i change to a new monitor viewsonic E771 but the same thing still happens.. why is it so? right now the only way i can get the display to be running is to disable hardware acceleration.but then if so.. issnt it a waste to get the matrox card? when u can use the hardware accelerations?
    my system specs are as below
    P3 500
    abit BE6 mobo
    128 rams hyundai
    i really cant find any other soultions anymore i tried emailing matrox's tech support but it has been like a week (and damn they say will reply within 5 working days)
    someone help?? tolong tolong~
    P3 500@550,BE6,128 Hyundai pc100 ram,13.5 IBM 22GXP,YAMAHA 6416 CD-RW,G400 D/H,DIAMOND MX300,1 Alpha 125,2 Twin turbo,3 small fans and a champainge gold casing =)

One thing to start with would be to use your ultra 33 controler rather thanthe 66 and disable the later in your device manager.. see if it makes any difference. You might also make sure that you do not ahve IRQ conflict... even if this might not be related... Make sure that in Safe Mode, you only have one monitor and one display adapter listed in your device manager... if you think your monitor might be involved, then unplug it from the card, let the computer boot and plug itback in... but I do not think that anyone had problems with viewsonic...

Z

Comment

You did try to uninstall the drivers using the PD5.x uninstaller?? What was your last video-card in your system?? Which bios does your G400 use??

If you did all the above, try this: unplug your G400 and re-seat it firmly in the AGP slot.

for more information read this thread.

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
      X