PD5.30 and D3D problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5.30 and D3D problem

With the new drivers, everytime D3D Hardware Acceleration is used I get a windows Protection Fault. I installed directly from the PD5.25 drivers, gonna try using the uninstall utility and reinstall, but am not keeping my hopes up. Any ideas?
    System: K6-3 450@504, Epox MVP3G-M (Bios 8/20/99), IBM 22GXP 13.5 GB, Promise UDMA66, Mill G200 16MB SD (newest BIOS, don't remember the rev), 192MB Siemens RAM, Win98 (with 98lite removal of active desktop), DX7.0

------------------
    I say "Here's a monkey wrench... If you bop me over the head with it long enough I might wake up for a second."

"I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

which games did you try it on?? and which Dx version are you using??

J.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Be sure to have the 4 in 1 patch from viatech!

Comment

I Got the Same Problem
        Everytime I run Any Games Using HAL Or OpenGL Games Like Q3 I will Get a Blue Screen of Death, What's going on?
        5.21 works perfect on my system, I got all the lastest driver Install.
        My Spec : AMD K6-2 300/400, PA-2013 rev 1.1/2.0/2.1 /w 1MBL2, Millennium G200 AGP 8MB
        +8MB SGRAM.
        Via 3.55 AGPRT installed, and I reinstall after I install 5.30.
        HELP~
        AE86 RULES!

Comment

How does the IRQ look like? Any conflicts in there? That Ultra 66 card can sometime cause some nasty conflicts! Also, what resolution and color depth are you using? I highly recommend, if not already tried to make a complete uninstall of your drivers and to be sure that, in safe mode, you only have one display adapter and one monitor listed in the device manager.

Z

Comment

Just Wanna to make this clear
            I already Try all possible thing that might cause This problems. I config My system to work perfectly.(Until I install 5.30....)
            I am sure that this 5.30 Driver's got some Kind of problems working with SS7 base board.
            I never got any problems using 5.21 and all previous Matrox Drivers. Only this 5.30 will crash Everytime I use anything that need HAL.
            D3D(games), OpenGL(Games and 3DStudio Max)
            AE86 RULES!

Comment

I go back with the 5.21 now. Until Matrox slove this issue, I won't try 5.30 on 2 of my SS7 system.
              I try it on my Athlon 500 and this driver Works great.
              AE86 RULES!

Comment

There is definetely a problem in 5.30 with G200 and MVP3 systems. I have the same symptoms. Have to go back to 5.21.
                I can't believe how Matrox can release these drivers. Ok G400 used to be slower than TNT2. Now Matrox has some new drivers that could change that. So I understand that they release something as soon as they can. But listen to this Matrox:
                I didn't buy your card because it is the fastest. I did because of your reputation of compatibility and stability. Don't destroy your image!

DelRaf

Comment

5.30 n/g. I had to download here, now I know why

------------------
                  k6-3 450 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 & 32bit z-buffering enabled & PD 4.33c- 128MB 10ns sdram - wdac10100 - sblive value - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
                  abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
                  g400 max-
                  256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
                  dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
                  Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

I know right
                    I used to believe in Matrox's Quality.
                    because the first video card I brought Is the Good Old Millennium. The card was great(that time), Driver is stable, Everything is great. So when Matrox annouce that there will be a G100, I am so happy that I put it on the back-order list.
                    when the card came, I pop it in, but the card's BIOS corrupt after 2 weeks. I am sure I don't got any virus in my computer because that computer I never put any floopy in the drive or download anything. OK, I exchange it, the replacement card Came, But, After 2 days, Same thing happen. I give up, pop the old millennium back it and everything rocks.
                    and they announce G200, I give it another Try, ok, the card's BIOS didn't corrupt this time, But it takes so damn long to make a OpenGL driver. Ok, I wait, because I don't play Quake type games that much. I wait. After 1 year,and the Final OGL is out. but this is too long,I already got another card for my OGL programs.
                    5.30 + G200 + MVP3 mobo = problems,won't use any D3D or OpenGL.
                    I order a G400Max at NECX.com at may, it still didn't came right now, I just cancel the back-order on last tuesday.
                    I won't buy anything that's Matrox again, until it prove that It's driver is more Stable and a much better production line.
                    AE86 RULES!

Comment

I've got an AGP G200 with Tyan s1590
                      MVP3 ... same problem.

I got to work driver 5.30 only
                      if I disabled bus mastering!!!
                      Performance decrease about 33% :-(

I reinstalled driver 5.20 and everything
                      works well.

TLG

Comment

God damn it Beavis.........ooops
                        I should say, God damn it Matrox!
                        What the hell are you doing?
                        U only care about Athlon and Pentium II/III
                        user, U forgot about us? the SS7 user!
                        Fix the problem! or else U will lose your sales.
                        AE86 RULES!

Comment

I think that pretty much all cards have their share of problems with SuperSocket 7... No wonder why there are always patches to install to get it to work. It even says on VIA web site that in order to isntall windows you MUST have USB enable prior to the installation... if not, you will run into severe problem... you know this says a lot about these boards.... Remember that you are putting your 200-300$ video card on these 50$ motherboards... makes you think no?

Z

Comment

i had the same problem with general protection fault while launching some apps, and what i did was:
                            i reinstalled drivers back to 5.15, then i installed 5.30 over 5.15 using install.inf file (not setup.exe) from the advanced settings of display dialog. so far it's been working ok. maybe this is the solution

ben

------------------
                            benek
                            benek

Comment

I too have numerous problems with 5.30. Rogue Squadron flips out with screen corruptions and the in-cockpit radar screen doesnt work. Quake2 won't let me load the new driver, and using any but the software driver setting causes a hard crash. I am going back to 5.25 until these problems get fixed.

btw, I have a P3-600 system
                              ------------------
                              Kind Regards,

KvH

[This message has been edited by KvHagedorn (edited 13 October 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                              X