Problem with G400 and 3D-Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with G400 and 3D-Games

I have a very strange problem with my G400max. Each 3D-Game freezes the System after 5 to 30 Secounds. 2D works fine in all Resolutions (up to 1600*1200*32bit at 85 Hz on a 22" Monitor). Normal - not 3D - Games work fine also. I have a ASUS P2B-DS with one Processor (P-III 450), 384MB RAM, SB-Live! Value an some USB Hardware. I have tried all combinations of IRQ's with the Matrox and the SB-Live!, i also removed the SB-Live! (I also removed all drivers), I replaced the SB-Live! with a Terratec DMX Soundcard, I did a fresh install with Win98SE, I tried the PowerDesk Software from 5.13 up to 5.25. Non of that worked. After I start the Game - for example Quake II - the Game freezes after some secounds and I can only Reset the Computer. In a Direct3D Game or a 3D-Test (3DMark99max) I have the same problem but it takes longer until the system freezes. Sometimes also the graphic corrupts and the sound repeats the last 2 or 3 secounds.
    An OpenGL Screensaver - with Hardware acceleration - or a D3D Screensaver (Organic Art) works fine. Only 3D-Games are crashing.
    I think that the board must be OK because a TNT2 Ultra works without any problems.
    I tried DirectX 6.0, 6.1, 6.1a and 7.0.

Does someone have an idea what else I can try ???

Hi,

Have you tried your card in 1X with the registry hacks?

Z

Comment

Hey Pre, it sucks, doesn't it?
      My brother got fed up w/a 3fdx v3-2000 and The game Powerslide for same reasons. Luckily he got a refund for both.
      I figure if I try another brand, where will it end?
      I just replaced k62-350 with k63-450 figuring my video hiccups would be over. Yeah, right.

------------------
      k6-3 450 - tyan 1590s bios 1.16 - g200 mill sgram w/8mb upgrade & bios 2.6-20 & 32bit z-buffering enabled & PD 4.33c- 128MB 10ns sdram - wdac10100 - sblive value - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access (28.8k for emergencies) - win98 service pack 1 + 2
      abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
      g400 max-
      256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
      dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
      Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

I had same problem! I tested all from my computer and format my HD... but nothing repair this problem! Then I try new motherboard and everything works fine!

old: Gainward 5VA
        NEW: ASUS P5A-B

Comment

With the new PowerDesk 5.30 Driver and TurboGL, D3D and OpenGL seems to work best.

I tried everything I could think of yesterday and today and had no crashes and lockups.

I'm happy now.

Comment

Working...
          X