Opengl doesn't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opengl doesn't work?

Well, i'm now under the assumption that there just isn't an opengl ici for windows nt..

Or atleast no quake2 minidriver which is the reason i get shitty quake2 performance under winnt!

damn, I knew when i was buying that opengl performance under winnt wouldn't be great.. but i had expected 50/60 fps on a dual p2 400 atleast! =[

If anyone uses quake2, matrox g400 and winnt, plz reply!

Hi,

The fps are indeed low in NT. You still have OpenGL since the graphics quality is high, but unfortunately not fast... for now at least..

Z

Comment

Opengl doesn't work?

Hi, i _just_ received my matrox g400 max (from direct.matrox.com, 4 days delivery!)
      I'm using a dual p2-400, 256 mb system, Winnt. It should be reasonably quick.
      However, on a quake2 benchmarc, demo1.dm2, 800*600*16 opengl i only get approx 35 fps.
      This is the same fps i got when i ran the test with my other agp (no 3d accel) card so I'm guessing that those 32 fps are created using cpu power only.

I'm obviously missing something here! Ofcourse i know that without the turbogl drivers and stuff the card isn't the best of the best in opengl yet, but after seeing tests on anandtech.com with a single p2-400 and same resolution and test getting 57 fps I can't help feeling that my 32 fps are wrong!

I'm upgrading from a voodoo2 system.. I set quake2 to default opengl.. this is the output i get:
      ref_gl version GL 0.01 (!)
      gl_vendor: Matrox graphics inc.
      gl_renderer: Matrox G400
      gl_version: 1.1.3 4.22.077

I'm using powerdesk version: 4.22
      In the display properties i DO see the rotating 3d cube, I tested with 16,24 and 32 bits.. All the same 32 fps (no difference between 24 and 16 !).

I'm pretty sure there should be an opengl driver somewhere that should be in my quake directory??

-----
      I have renamed the opengl32.dll in my winnt/system32 directory. The G400icd.dll is also in that directory. When i start quake2 it gives a: opengl not found and switches to software mode

Could someone please help!

Thnx,
      Ruurd Boeke

Comment

Leave that opengl32.dll in the winnt\system32 directory alone! That is necessary to call the ICD.

[This message has been edited by RanDob (edited 10-11-1999).]

Comment

Working...
        X