How to use G400 in Win2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use G400 in Win2000

This definately works for me in Win2000 RC2, with latest 4.22 NT drivers. My card is a DualHead 32Mb OEM G400.

All you have to do is change the computer type in the device manager from ACPI PC to Standard PC.

Once you reboot Windows will re-install most of the system devices again , and at some point ask you for your video drivers.
    I just pointed to my 4.22 driver directory and Bob's your uncle (well in my case they're my brother and my brother-in-law).

OpenGL doesn't seem to work (Neither OpenGL games or screensavers will function at all), but I've not yet had a chance to play with installing the Win9X beta ICD !!!.

BTW, somtimes when changing the machine type, Windows can fail to find the CD-ROM drive which can cause havoc if it needs any drivers of the CD. It may be advisable to copy the RC2 \i386 directory to the HardDRive and edit the registry so that the Windows setup location points there instead of the CD-ROM.
    *** Get paid to surf ! ***
    www.surf2earn.co.uk

Yeah, thanks very much, I disabled the ACPI, re-started win2k (Beta3) and when it asked for the video drivers I fed it the 4.22 release NT4 drivers. It worked a treat.
    Have you tried going back and setting up your machine to ACPI again?

Comment

Finally ! Thank god !

You don't want to know how many permutations and variations I tried to get my G400 working with win2k.

IT FINALLY WORKS !

You sir, are a god !

Comment

I had no trouble installing the 4.22 drivers on Win2000 RC2 even with ACPI enabled. Mobo Abit BH6, Celeron 300A@466, SBLive!, SCSI AHA 1510, 3C905TX, DualHead 32Mb OEM G400.
        The G400 is on INT7 (yep, Parallel port disabled).

OpenGL does not display (screen gets grey) but no error messages from Quake2/3. Just like my Voodoo1 with Win2000 beta3, but that was fixed with a special INF file.

Comment

Om my dual system, I don't seem to succeed to get the multi monitor working. anyone an idea?

(in Win2K that is)

the drivers do install, (when I point to tham manually) but afterwards, I don't have any option for dual.

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 10-01-1999).]

Comment

Working...
          X