Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DirectX 7 and PD 4.12 on Mystique 220...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX 7 and PD 4.12 on Mystique 220...

Yeah, I know it's old.... But yesterday I downloaded the official release of DirectX 7 from Microsoft (I have never used any beta DirectX) and after a reboot Matrox Diagnostic pops up and reports I'm using an old version of DirectX...

The funny thing is that only Matrox Diagnostic reports this. DXDiag says everything is OK, and my games run perfect as well.

Can I expect an update for the Mystique 220 drivers, of has Matrox stopped supporting these old cards? Not that it is really bugging me, I know how not to load Matrox Diagnostic, but it would be nicer if everything just works ok.

My system:
    K6-200 @ 225
    Matrox Mystique 220 4MB
    64 MB Ram
    Windows 98 SE
    DirectX 7.0
    Powerdesk 4.12

----------
    I'm still waiting for that Athlon 700 + G400 Max...

I think that Matrox will not release a upgrade driver for mystique.
    the latest drivers are the 4.12.
    You can upgrade the bios of the mystique and i think it's all you can do...

Comment

Same thing happened to me - My set up is Matrox Mystique, Rainbow Runner, m3D, 18gig WD, 6.8 WD, Promise Ultra 66 (for the 18 gig), 128 meg P100 sdram, Ausus TXP4-X, ATAPI & Parallel Zip, Soundblaster AWE, Creative 2cDVD (love it) ---
      so - i removed the diagnostic from start up --Actually, my Links99 runs even better with much more detail (Viewsonic PS790). I think Matrox has abandoned us Pre G100 boards as far a upgrade drivers are concerned. Well, it was a nice ride while it lasted.

Was waiting for an Asus Intel 820 board to go with A Matrox G400 and new rainbow runner - but latest from the web pages is that the chip is in deep du du - and the rambus as well - so I may go with an Asus 3B-F and the above Matrox combination with a PIII 550.

Hey, would I see a difference??
      AMD1200, A7V. 400g Max, RR, 512mg sdram, Pioneer 10x DVD 104s(no soda holder), Creative DVD dr3, 18g ultra66, 6.4g ultra33, Atapi Zip & PP 100, SB Live Platinum, Cambridge Theatre 5.1, DTT2500 Digital, USB Broadband Blaster, Windows XPsp1

Comment

It's nothing to worry about, basically the Diagnostic prog just doesn't know about DX7.

Comment

Working...
        X