Green Screen with DVDMax and more problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Screen with DVDMax and more problems

Ok, so I finally got my G400MAX last week and it seems that I have a lot of problems with it:

1) When using DVDMax I get a green screen instead of a picture in about 50% of all tries. It seems to be independant of the playback application used, MS Media Player and a few DVD players are just a few candidates for this.

2) When I enter a fullscreen dos box from the win98 desktop I get a black screen. Entering "MODE CO80" restores a picture but I do not consider that a real solution. I'm using 80x50 almost always but the problem also seems to appear in 80x25.

3) Quake2 works fine, but a few seconds after activating the in-game console the system locks up.

Can anyone offer me any help with these problems? I already reported the first two to the Matrox Tech Support last week, but the only thing I received from them yet is an automated answer.

My system runs Win98SE, it's a Celerom 333 on a Gigabyte 6BXC, 224MB ram, all slots used (SB16, 3c509, SB Live, BT848, AHA2940UW, Voodoo2), 10GB IDE+4GB SCSI discs, Plextor CD-Rom (SCSI), Samsung DVD-Rom (IDE) and Yamaha CD-R (SCSI) and a lot of fans to keep it cool (mostly because of the IDE HD and the SCSI CD-drives). I'm using the 5.25 drivers but the problems already appeared when I was using 5.11.
Working...
X