G400 MAX and Win2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX and Win2000

Has anyone gotten their g400 max working with windows2000? I can't seem to get mine working. I get either the BSOD or it just stops responding on boot. I'm using the NT4 reference drivers (which apparently work) off of the CD.
    Running P2-400, Windows 2000 Build 2114 Tekram U2 SCSI board, 128megs, 9.1 Baracuda, 14.5 gig IDE drive, SB Live!, etc. Any help is appreciated. I'm beginning to think it is either my hardware or the card itself. The card works great in Win98 however.
    CitrixSCU

P2-400, Intel MB, 14.5 Gig IBM Deskstar, Tekram DC-390U2W SCSI controller, 9.1 Gig Baracuda, SB Live!, G400 MAX, 19" Hitachi, 128 Megs PC100, etc.

Like you I cannot get the G400 past the win2K boot-up slpash screen. My system is typical except for being based on an Intel SE440BX-2 motherboard, and I think this is where my problem arises. Other G400/win2k users appear to use Asus, GigaByte and other motherboards. Despite leaving messages on the Intel newsgroups, no other Intel SE440BX-2 user has replied saying they have got the G400 working.
    What board do you have? I have tried all methods to load all the recent versions of the NT4 drivers without success. This is a big disappointment because my previous machine (based on an AL440LX board) with Win2k loaded was the most stable and fault tolerant OS I've ever run! My new machine, meant to be a test bed for win2k won't even drive its new video card!
    -G400 works perfectly under Win98SE on this board.
    -No help from Matrox as expected - beta OSes not supported.
    -No help from Intel - beta OSes not supported.
    It makes you wonder......

[This message has been edited by pryorg (edited 09-22-1999).]

Comment

Working...
    X