PD 5.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD 5.21

Hi, I have serious trouble with the new 5.21 driver (the 5.13 works fine). Sometimes Popup-Windows became black or weird colors, images are also being weird (stretches and other effects) ... What the ... is going on?
    Before the upgrade to 5.21, I went with 5.13 with no props at all. I installed 5.21 after I de-installed the 5.13 drivers, so must I go back to this version or is there a solution. I am using a Millenium G200.
    Any help would be great.

Give us more information!

I'm using Mill G200 with PD 5.21 too - no problems!

Helmchen

Comment

More Information? Ok:

Abit BE6 mobo, Win98 (First Edition), 96 MB RAM, Celeron 300, Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM,
      Voodoo2 SLI, NIC, A3D Sound, ISDN-Card ...

Comment

Perhaps you have a IRQ problem have heard of that with abit boards and you have a lot of hardware in your system.
        Does it happen with a specific application?
        what's your cards bios?
        what's your boards bios?
        if it happens with games - what directx version?
        Try updating all drivers in your system!

Helmchen

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem! I thought the Windows corruption was limited to 32-bit colour but as I was writing a message here it started in 16-bit too. And Quake 3 effects are also messed up. I also de-installed the 5.13 drivers using the Matrox uninstaller before installing 5.21. Happens without warning in Windows. Makes the start menu unreadable, leaves artifacts everywhere, corrupts animations.

Didn't have any problems with 5.13.

Win98, Millenium G200, Celeron 400. Please help!

Comment

Yes, this is exactly the same problem, but it
            is gone for me in 16bit colors. No problem with 5.13 . So the fault is by matrox, because an IRQ Problem after changing the driver would be very strange.

Comment

I don't use any registry hacks at all. The card WAS working perfectly with 5.13, but yesterday I bought Darkstone which requires the 5.21 drivers. It's either let the game rot or struggle just to use my OS. Grrr..

Comment

I installed 5.21 over 5.13 without the uninstall first and am having no problems.

So if the uninstaller has a problem maybe
                a work around would be to reinstall 5.13 and
                install 5.21 over it, just something to try.

Also, maybe you that are haveing problems
                could compare your bus speeds and AGP settings, may be a connection?

My system:
                ABIT BH6, bios LN, G200 O/C > 105, Intel PII
                300 o/c > 464,bus 103, awe64gold irq 5 dma
                1/7,

Comment

Were you using the AGP1x Registry hack in 5.13? If so, you'll probably need to reapply it in 5.21.

The 5.21 upgrade fixed the AGP2x problem for me -- for a few days -- but then it started acting up again yesterday! Now I have to force 1x again, just like before. :-(

Comment

Here's my system config:

Pentium II 400
                    128 Mb Ram
                    G400 Vanilla
                    Soundblaster Live with Liveware 2.1
                    HP 8110i CD Writer
                    Hitachi CM 751 19" Monitor

Current Power Desk 5.15

I tried running 5.21 and had 2D problems, which caused me greater worries than posted 3D speed problems. I e mailed Matrox Tech support with this:

I will try to explain. Ever since downloading and installing the 5.21 drivers I seem to have a random, recurring problem that has forced me go revert to 5.13. First, I uninstalled 5.13 drivers using the Matrox uninstaller. Rebooted, and installed the G400 again using 5.21. Immediately, I began to notice the first problem. Upon entering windows, the refresh rate for my monitor was correct at 89 / 111 Hz...but the screen was black for about 5 seconds before My Explorer loaded. With previous versions of PDesk...I enter windows with a green background...immediately. There seems to be something here. Then...after about 20 minutes, my monitor synch clicks and the screen goes black for about a second and returns. With PDesk 5.13 and 5.15, this NEVER happens. It is like I had tried to change color resolution or something. A loud Click and then black for a second and then normal. This occurs randomly and numerous times while in Windows. As far as 3D...not a problem. It even cured my problems with Lucas Arts "Rogue Squadron". However, with the 2D problems, I feel safer using PDesk 5.15. There seems to be something erratic with the 5.21 drivers in 2D. Please advise.

Thanks in Advance.

Bob

Again...I am back on an earlier PDesk and everything is fine!

Comment

BTW...

My Matrox G400 is on IRQ 9 with no conflicts. Sharing with PCI steering...that's it!

Comment

Working...
                      X