Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solution for opengl icd problems with g200 (pdesk 5.15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for opengl icd problems with g200 (pdesk 5.15)

I found a way to use the icd - it works for me...

Since i downloaded the drivers, the icd didnt want to start (i have also a pure3d 2 card and rr g-ser).

But i found a solution:
    After you have installed the pdesk drivers and maked sure they are working, reinstall them again and make sure that there is a check in the "RESTORE TO DEFAULT POWERDESK VALUES" in the setup program.

Rebbot when setup says so: presto: icd works... BUT the agp is set to 1x ... hmmm..

Download pdesk 5.x reg hacks from www.murc.ws run the "force agp 2x", reboot.

You will probebly notice that the icd doesnt work anymore - if u have an overclocked computer as i have.

Then - reboot press del (or whatever to get into your MB bios) look for a setting that says "agp set to" or similar ... if its set to 1/1 it means that the bus speed is the same as the core speed (in my case 112 mhz)
    set this one to 2/3 or lower, save bios and reboot.

IT WORKS!

at least it does for me...

but there is a small bug, i have a game called glflight from sgi, all controllers in that game dissapears ??? anyone else with that problem ???

Best regards
    Apachez

Well your the lucky one, I still get an error when using the ICD. My cpu clock is at 66mhz and my AGPFS is at 1:1, and even at 2:3 I still have problems.

I can't wait for a fix of some sort. I've also tried everything you suggested and I still have problems. It works in 8bit or 24bit but not in 16bit or 32bit.

My cpu isn't overclocked and I have the absolute very latest bios for my mobo.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well your the lucky one, I still get an error when using the ICD. My cpu clock is at 66mhz and my AGPFS is at 1:1, and even at 2:3 I still have problems.

I can't wait for a fix of some sort. I've also tried everything you suggested and I still have problems. It works in 8bit or 24bit but not in 16bit or 32bit.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oops, it just wouldn't go on, it would sit there and do nothing. Sorry about the many useless replies.

Comment

hmm, methinks you hit the "Submit Reply" button too many times.

Colin
                        You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

Hi,

Zorkspro... what type of system do you have and what devices are in the system? Have you tried a complete uninstall with the Matrox program and starting fresh? Did you also make sure that your card is not sharing its IRQ with another device?

And what works only in 8 bit or 24 bit? the card or the ICD? If it`s the ICD you have a funproblem on your hand since the ICD should not work at these resolutions!!

Ciao

Z

Comment

ZokesPro .... sorry that I butchered your name like that in my previous post... I simply was too lazy to double check

No hard feelings I hope?

Ciao

Z

Comment

Well Zwisch, here's my system. I built it myself.

Celeron 366MHz (not overclocked)
                              Asus P2-99 rev 1.10 Bios 1009.A
                              Millennium G200 AGP 16mb SGRAM Bios 2.6
                              128 megs SDRAM PC100 (generic)
                              SB PCI128
                              USR Winmodem 33.6 (upgraded to 56k)

Yes I've tried starting out fresh, nothing happens. I've tried powerDesk 4.51 with the beta ICD I get them same error. No IRQ's are conflicting. Believe me I've tried so many things that i think I've tried em all. I'm currently using the Powerdesk 5.15

The way I test my OpenGL ICD is I change the color depth and try out an OpenGL screen saver or Quake II. Once in a while but very very rarely the ICD works just fine in all color depth's but usually in 16bit and 32bit color mode I get a memory parity error. In 8bit or 24bit it works fine.

P.S: No hard feeling with the name thing, everybody get's it wrong, hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                              X