Lost textmode in NT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost textmode in NT4

I reinstalled NT4 today, and lost the textmode. When I go into textmode, the monitor says 'no signal'. I have textmode when booting, and in win 98, just not in NT... I'm using PD 4.13, but I tried going back to 3.70, and that didn't work either... What's going on?

(PD 4.13 worked before, and I've not reflashed the card or anything... G200 Millennium 8MB )

Hi,

Seems that your BIOS is corrupted. Send an e-mail to matrox, the same thing happened to my card and they send me a file a restore the BIOS... maybe this will help you also!

Ciao

Z

Comment

Well, that would be my guess to, but it works in w98, and I have textmode when booting win NT, and in dos... And I have not flashed or something, so my bios can't be busted... Can it?

Comment

Hi,

The BIOS can indeed still be busted... Have you tried to simply update your BIOS on your card? This might fix it if you never did it...

Ciao

Z

Comment

Well, I haven't update the bios for about 6 month or something... I'll try it...

Comment

Yes! I put SP3 on it, and the problem when away... Damn buggy NT...

Comment

Hi,

Was it SP5 or SP3 that fixed the problem? At least everything is working fine!

Ciao

Z

Comment

SP3 was enough. I haven't gotten SP5 yet...

Comment

Now I've updated, I had bios v2.3, and reapplying it did nothing... Still no go in NT. I'll put SP5 on it as soon as I can get a copy...

Comment

Working...
                  X