PD5 bus mastering crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5 bus mastering crash?

I have W98 and MGA-G200 and a few days ago I installed Powerdesk 5.13 (after using the uninstall program to remove my previous drivers)... Everything worked ok, except Outlook Express which crashed my PC entirely whenever I tried to run it... After I closed the connect dialog and the download progress window, and it showed the umm.. main menu thing... Then the mouse pointer disappeared and everything locked up... I tried rebooting and stuff and still the same.. I booted in safe mode and it worked ok... I then spent a considerable time attempting to find the cause of the problem... And eventually discovered (after reinstalling Outlook Express and the previous matrox drivers) that it only appeared to have this problem when the display was set to 800x600 (which is the maximum my current monitor can display well :/) and it still crashed even when I went back to the version 4 drivers... But then I disabled all the options in the powerdesk 5 settings... And the problem hasn't occured since.. I put the bitmap caching and polygon acceleration back on, and it hasn't crashed... I'm going to try to re-enable the bus mastering again, and see if the crashes start again... But I can only assume that it was that setting that caused it... (Although I have had no problems with bus mastering on PD4).. And why only Outlook Express that crashed? Very weird...
Working...
X