Help Needed - Upgrading to 5.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed - Upgrading to 5.13

I am currently running the June version of 5.13 driver for my G400 in Windows98. A couple of days ago, I found a July 19 version of 5.13 driver at the Matrox website. I have a few questions about htis update;

1. What are some of the new features or bug fixes between the June and July version? I could not find anything definitive answer to this question at the Matrox web site.

2. Is it worth the while going through the trouble (and may be risk) to upgrade to this July version of 5.13?

3. How does one go about upgrading process? The Matrox instruction says something to the effect of, "uninstall the Powerdesk, reboot, get into safe mode, remove all *mga* files, mess with the registry". How does the "5.13 uninstaller" program fit into this upgrading process?

Matrox really needs to simplify this upgrading process.

Thanks.

Don't bother, apparently the update just fixed an installation on one of the old Matrox boards, there is nothing else new in it.

Comment

You need to get the uninstaller utility. It's listed underneath the 5.13 drivers on the matrox Graphics site.

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
      X