Wierd PD5 OpenGL ICD Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd PD5 OpenGL ICD Problems

I've got on wierd problem with Powerdesk 5.13. When I use anything that requires OpenGL somehow it works only when I have my color depth at either 8bit or 24bit. When I change it to 16bit or 32bit color depth I get a "memory parity error". I know for a fact that all my componants (including my memory is in excellent working order.

Asus P2-99 440ZX
    128 PC100 RAM
    SB PCI128
    Millennium G200 16mb AGP
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Strange ...

you wrote you had 16MB on your G200, is that the genuine Matrox add-on, the 16MB version or some 3rd party RAM ?

It is well known that 3rd party memory does not work reliable ...

I you use the mem add-on, get it out and see if you still got the same error ...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB - Bios 1009 final
    Celeron300A @ 504Mhz
    128MB 7ns SDRAM
    G400 DualHead 32MB SGRAM @ 201 MHz memory clock

I'll be on holiday for the coming three weeks and I miss you folks already ;-)
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

My mobo has a bios setting for video memory caching that messes up if I use it..check and see what you are shadowing etc in your bois..

Matt

------------------
      Abit BE6 p3 450 @ 124mhz x 1/4 bus so cards arent overclocked. g4oo 32meg retail,
      Adaptec scsi, El Cheepo NIC ,monster sound 300, extra io card for lpt2 ,18 gig Quantum ,13 gig IBM ,Yamaha cdrw, Onstream 30 gig Tape,Toshiba dvd.

Comment

Yes it is Genuine Matrox memory, I made sure of that. But tell me this, if I don't get the error in 8bit or 24bit then why do I get it at 16bit and 32bit? Another thing, I just recently changed motherboards and the OpenGL ICD was working perfectly with my G200. This only started to happend with my new motherboard.

Comment

Well, my bios settings are all good, my drivers are all updated and my bios's are all updated. I guess I'll have to wait until Matrox comes up with a new OpenGL ICD driver to fix my problem. Or maybe a bios update from my motherboard, but my mobo doesn't have any bios update since it is so new.

I also here that the chipset 440ZX (my chipset) has multimedia problems too.

Comment

That "memory parity error" is a known bug and will be fixed in version 5.20.

Phoenix

Comment

Alright Phoenix!!!! Woohoo, you rock! That makes my day, I thought I wasted my money on some OpenGL ICD handicapped video card.
              That's the best news I've heard in a while about this problem, I can't wait to download PD 5.20!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X