Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerdesk 5.13 & gamma settings

Hello,

Since I installed the new powerdesk in my Windows 98 (with all the latest patches) I am experiencing the following problem:
    When I am playing a movie (with the windows media player (either 6.1 and 6.2beta) or with the Xing mpeg player (3.3) ) and I change the gamma from the advanced settings of the powerdesk the colours setting of the whole desktop changes EXCEPT the movie in the desktop where the movie is playing.
    I tried reinstalling the media player, DirectX 6.1, DirectMedia 6.0 and the DMX patch but nothing has changed.
    The same problem happens if i play the movie @ full-screen mode.
    Anyone is experiencing the same or knows how to fix it?

Thanks for the help!

Luke

Check your ICM profile for your monitor or look for colour settings for your videoplayers (if they use any settings) - possible is that gamma control is overtaken by system colour correction and your window is not under Powerdesk control.
    Enjoy Matrox!

Comment

Thank you for the hint but it is not that easy. In fact even trying to apply any ICM from the advanced settings does not seem to change the colours at all or perhaps the differences between any two ICMs I tried are too little for my sight :-)

Comment

It seems that Microsoft is turning back your settings to default gamma. It is the same thing in Win 95 and any other graphic card (tested on W95 OSR2 and Aopen i740 card)...
        A cure for that I don't know...
        Enjoy Matrox!

Comment

I have the same problem with my Hauppauge WinTV, but I think this is not Matrox-related I think this is an issue of directx I have tried every version up to directx 7 beta 1. I think directx can not use any color correction because it's designed to directly control your hardware, therefore it has to use it's own color correction perhaps MS will add it in directx 3000

Helmchen

P.S. if I don't use directx(overlay) I have the color correction but with very poor quality and I can't get resolutions above 768x576.

[This message has been edited by Helmchen2000 (edited 07-20-99).]

Comment

Working...
          X