Powerdesk causing Rundll32 errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdesk causing Rundll32 errors

Ok, I've used the PD5 uninstaller and then installed PD5. Ok, windows works fine, I've got opengl and direct3d working fine BUT, when I go into the Display properties and then click on advanced to go to the powerdesk utils section, nothing appears and then when I click "OK/Cancel" i get a rundll32 error saying there is something wrong with kernel32.dll.

Everything seems to have been installed fine, there was no errors encountered at all so what is this problem? Have I missed something? Have I removed something I shouldn't have?

System details are Asus P2B-S PII 300 256MB G200 8MB

man oh man... I thought I was the only one with that error message! Mine actually shows up as an Explorer error...then when I click on "details" it shows me the kernel32 stuff. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of that? I tried formatting the hard drive and then install the driver with directX 6. The error message still comes on every now and then. The certified driver, version 4.33 I believe is better (less frequent). Don't even mention v.4.51... it just crashes my machine everytime I load a game. Sucks.

Comment

try installing ie5 / 98SE

Comment

Ok, I had installed win98 and then used the IEremove app that replaces the 98 shell with 95. I reinstalled 98 last night and all worked fine.

Hope this helps others. I'm gonna install 98SE sometime soon and will let you know if anything goes wrong.

Cheers,
        Steve

Comment

Hi,

Try putting the accelertion down to none for the graphics, this will let you know if you have to blame the video card or your system!

Ciao

Ben

Comment

Working...
          X