Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Desk 5 Install Issues.

Hi there folks....

I was really kinda happy that Matrox *finally* finished the ICD to a point where it might be usable. So I went and downloaded it, and proceeded to install it following to the letter their instillation routines.

So, after many re-boots, and finally installing it, I would try to go into Windows when using the new drivers, and lo-and-behold, they didn't work. Kept getting some "Windows Protection Error. Please Reboot The Computer."

Luckily it wasn't all the way hosed, as I could go into safe mode, remove the driver, and put back PowerDesk 4. :-(

Anyways, I'll list what type of machine I have here, in the off chance that someone who has a similar machine got their drivers to work. :-)

AMD K6-2 300
    AOpen AX59Pro Motherboard.
    64 MB RAM
    Win95
    Millenium G200 AGP
    SB16 Sound Card
    28.8 Internal Modem
    10/100 Mbps Network Card
    3.2 Gig Fujitsu Hard Drive Primary Master
    1.2 Gig Maxtor Hard Drive Secondary Master
    32X Acer CD-ROM Drive Primary Slave
    6206-A Acer CD-RW Drive Secondary Slave

Like I said, the 4.51 drivers work just fine. It's only when I go to the new ones, that things just stopped working. I was able to go back to the old ones just fine, and all my apps (ie: Games) still work just fine.

So, if anyone has been able to get their PowerDesk 5 to work on a similar machine, can they please let me know. I really don't envy the idea of reinstalling Windows just so I can get this to work. :-(

Pete...

Try to put g200icd.dll from PD5 into PD4
    (replace mgaicd.dll with g200icd.dll)

Maybe just the OpenGL dll will work with old drivers? (mgaicd - working...)

i don't think they put a protection check to
    see which driver ver. you use in this DLL

Comment

Thanks Alex. I really appreciate the idea, and I'll be sure to try that out.

Of course, you're idea will only work if you go and modify the original Registry settings that will point to the mgaicd.dll file under the OpenGL properties.

Still, I'll give this a try, and see how it goes. Hopefully the drivers will work with the older version of Power Desk. :-)

Petey Pete...

Comment

Hi,

Just make sure that you have all the latest patches for your motherboard and that you used the unisntaller from matrox to remove the 4.x drivers.

Ciao

Ben

Comment

Working...
        X