Posible problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posible problem?

could someone tell me, after flashing with the newest bios avalible at matroxusers, if they can still use MGA tweak?
    i am unable to use it, as it always errors out upon startup.
    thanks.

Under Windows2000 I can run it without problems.

Comment

MGATweak does not have any dependency on Matrox BIOS. It speaks directly to the hardware ar registers level. Upgrading Matrox BIOS should not have any problem with MGATweak. Check your configuration.
      KJ Liew

Comment

Hey Guyz,

Scout255, I am haveing exactly the same problems in Windows 2000 are you are haveing! When ever I try to run the .exe it just gives me a load of error boxes that I have to click "ok" on. Has aneyone else had similar problems? Is there any way to fix the problem besides formating? I have tryed going through the regisrty and deleteing all the MGA Tweak strings but still no luck!

I would great appreciate it if someone could give me any into on how to fix this problem!

Cheers
        Moto-X
        Abit BP6 Dual Celeron 433@550mhz
        256Mb Kingmax PC-133 V1.2
        128Mb Hyundai PC-100
        Matrox G400 MAX
        SbLive Value (Hacked SPDIF)
        20.5gig Quantum KX
        Sony 17'' Flatscreen E200
        Pioneer 6xDVD 32xCD-Rom
        Panasonic SCSI 8xCD-Rom 4xCD-R

Comment

What kind of error messages MGATweak is telling you?? Please elaborate on your problems if you want to get it solved. Simply complaining problems without giving any clues won't help.

If you're only using Win2k, you can delete HWACC95.VXD in \WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory.
          KJ Liew

Comment

Hey,

I get the folling Errors pop up in boxes...

Error No1: failure: StartService (0x02)

Error No2: Can't get a handle to \\.\HWACC95.VXD

Error No3: Cannot load VxD, error = 00000002.

Error No4: The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I am running Windows 2000 and got this error after I deleted the program then unziped it and tryed to run it again. The reason for deleting it was because I accidently overclocked my card to high and couldent change it back. Every time opened the program the computer locked up.

I am runing the program from a folder on my C: called "Matrox MGA"

Hope someone can shead some light on this problem!

Cheers
            Moto-X
            Abit BP6 Dual Celeron 433@550mhz
            256Mb Kingmax PC-133 V1.2
            128Mb Hyundai PC-100
            Matrox G400 MAX
            SbLive Value (Hacked SPDIF)
            20.5gig Quantum KX
            Sony 17'' Flatscreen E200
            Pioneer 6xDVD 32xCD-Rom
            Panasonic SCSI 8xCD-Rom 4xCD-R

Comment

First, you should have read the installation notes in the user guide (MGATWEAK.PDF). If not, please do so. And, I assume you're using the latest version of MGATweak 1.20 Beta Build 018. If not, upgrade it.

Delete HWACC95.VXD, you don't need it in Win2000.

Quote:
              "I am running Windows 2000 and got this error after I deleted the program then unziped it and tryed to run it again. The reason for deleting it was because I accidently overclocked my card to high and couldent change it back. Every time opened the program the computer locked up."

This is not an expected behaviour of MGATweak. If you did properly deleted MGATweak, you should not have any overclocking. Please do a thorough search on your disk for MGATWEAK.EXE, HWACC.DLL, HWACCNT.SYS and HWACC95.VXD.

BTW, how do you delete it?? The user guide also includes instructions to completely remove MGATweak.

Please make sure there is no multiple copies of HWACC*.* in your disk.

DO NOT run MGATweak from within any archivers utilities such as WinZip.

[This message has been edited by kjliew (edited 15 November 2000).]
              KJ Liew

Comment

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. this is my first install of mgatweak so no other instances of hwacc* files are on my box. and i moves the hwacc* files to the winnt/system32 folder. and i deleted the hwacc95.vxd file.

still doesnt work. any ideas ?
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Do you have administrator privilege?
                  KJ Liew

Comment

yes

Comment

Is WINNT/SYSTEM32 or where you have put HWACC*.* included in the search path?? If you get similar failuer (StartService Error) as descriped in previous post in the thread, then MGATweak is complaining that it cannot find the file it needs.
                      KJ Liew

Comment

yes c:\winnt\system32 is included in the system path. i've really tried EVERYTHING now but it doesn't work :/

Comment

OK, which Matrox card you're using?? Full system specs and OS details please. Thanks.

KJ Liew

Comment

I get exactly the same problem.. I tried everything, even adding a account called 'administrator' with administrator rights (I renamed my original account), but all to no avail. I did use MGATweak several times... it's only until recently that it stopped working

Systems specs:
                            Abit BX6r.2 (440BX)
                            G400 vanilla (non-4x AGP)
                            Win2k RTM with SP1 installed and latest windows update stuff
                            PD5.52 drivers

Comment

Working...
                            X