MGA Tweak 1.20b does not work on G200 with bios 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGA Tweak 1.20b does not work on G200 with bios 3.1

I have a G200 from a Compaq system, one of those SDRAM Millenniums without heatsink (a G250 probably). By default the board runs at 62MHz core and 124MHz memory. I have tried to overclock with MGA Tweak 1.20b but although the frequencies change I see absolutely no improvement in benchmarks even at 100MHz core 150MHz memory. I used everything from 3D Mark to Incoming and Quake2 at different resolutions and the results are virtually identical. I use bios ver. 3.1 (package 2.03) - the latest, that is.
    Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Are you runing at 24bit?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

No, I'm running in 32bit.

Comment

Do you keep MGATweak running in the background by minimizing into tray and have clock monitoring enabled?? Have you re-checked the clock speed later in case the games/benchmarks have reset it?

Also, don't expect too much from the aging G200 core. Overclocking probably won't help in 3DMark2001 or Quake3 scores. If overclocked properly, you should see increase in fillrate from 3DMark fillrate measurement, but not the overall scores. Latest 3DMark/games stresses geometry a whole lot more than fillrate.

Lastly, the result of overclocking differs from system to system. Some people may get encouraging results while others don't.

KJ Liew

Comment

Hi! I run MGA Tweak as specified in the instructions. The benchmarks do not seem to reset the frequencies specified in there. What puzzles me is that there is absolutely no difference in benchmarks. The 3DMark fill rate test results are identical irrespective of the frequency I am running at.

Comment

Hi! To my knowledge 3DMark disables vsync by default. But I disabled it anyway by means of Matrox's own MTSTU418.

Comment

What about your mem timings? Did you change them?

------------------
              Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I just changed the clock dividers (from 2.0 to 1.5) and the PLL (from 124 to 150). No SDRAM Optimization tweaks, if that's what you mean.

Comment

Sometimes changing your memtimings help more then ocing the card!

------------------

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

Comment

OK, what would you recommend for a G200/G250?

Comment

Most SDRAM G200's I have played with could handle the fastest timings (2.1.2.3.2.1.fast.1.1.1.0.0) if it does not work try it at cas 3!

------------------

Comment

Thanks. I'll try the settings during the weekend and see if I get any improvement. I'll get back on you in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                        X