PowerDesk Resolution Manager 4.0 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerDesk Resolution Manager 4.0 Released

PowerDesk Resolution Manager 4.0 is now available from my minimal home page here:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/veneziano/

This version works under Windows 95/98/Me and Windows 2000. New in this version is the ability to save and load resolution lists to/from a file. Plus there are fixes for some small bugs in the previous version.

Under the hood, it was a complete rewrite of the code, so be sure to contact me if there are any bugs lurking in this version.

Please see the included text file for more details.

Enjoy!

------------------
    Mark Veneziano
    Mark Veneziano

I can load my new resolutions but not the ones I deleted. There is so much trash after a fresh installed PowerDesk.

Just tried it with PD 6.50: it loads my save-file and displays the added resolutions but PowerDesk does not use them.

Comment

Hi mirp,

Is this problem only with 6.50 or is it with older drivers too? It sounds like Matrox changed quite a bit with these new drivers, so I may have to make some changes to the resolution manager for it to work with 6.50 (assuming 6.50 even supports custom resolutions).

------------------
      Mark Veneziano
      Mark Veneziano

Comment

Hi Mark,

I had no problems with earlier drivers. Looks like 6.50 does something different.

Could you add an function to delete all resolutions? So that 'delete all' and 'load' will give you just the saved resolutions.

thx
        mirp

Comment

Well, it would be an easy function to add, but I don't think it's worth an entire release for, so I'll just roll it into the next release.

Incidentally, you can select all the resolutions using ctrl- or shift-click or dragging the mouse. If you do this before you hit the delete button, you will delete everything at once.

------------------
          Mark Veneziano
          Mark Veneziano

Comment

Ooops, I did not notice that I can select multiple resolution. So this 'delete all' feature already exists. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X