Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are changes made by tweaking tools permanent ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are changes made by tweaking tools permanent ?

Hello,
    I just installed the latest MGA Tweaking Tool under NT 4 SP6a and it seems to work well. It offers e.g. some OpenGL tunig options which require a re-boot. Are the changes made by that tool only saved within the Windows registry or are those changes saved directly within the G400 bios ? Background of the question: I´m also a Linux user and if the changes were saved directly on the card I would benefit from the optimizations under Linux as well.
    Thanx in advance

Malte

Please be specific on which tools you're using. There are quite a number of name confusion, eg. G400Tweak, MGATweak, or Matrox Tweak.

MGATweak will never ask you to reboot the system.
    KJ Liew

Comment

Hello,
      it is the "Matrox Technical Support Tweak Utility" (MTSTU305.exe) which I´m using. Oh, by the way, this tool has options to enhance e.g. OpenGL performance, does this tool overclock my G400 ? Or is MGAtweak the only tool, that overclocks a G400 ?

thanx
      Malte

Comment

There are quite a number of tools for overclocking G400. I have not tried MTSTU305, I don't know what it is capable of. Matrox used to have their own overclocking utility for G400, but now it's not working with the latest PD6.xx.

Check http://www.matroxuser.com under the utility section. It has almost all official and 3rd-party utilities with description for all range of Matrox products.

BTW, overclocking changes which have been saved into the BIOS pin file will not benefit Linux. AFAIK, XFree3.3.6 matrox driver doesn't use pin file for program the clock speed. For Linux, use gMGAClock but you need to have GNOME.

KJ Liew

Comment

Working...
        X