Secam grabbing problems again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secam grabbing problems again

I saw some messages on the matter in this forum. But did somebody finally solve the problem with Secam on Marvel G400TV? I got very poor Secam quality grabbing Eastern European sources (Russia, Bulgaria etc.).PAL and NTSC grabs are perfect but SECAM samples are full of color noise, alternating red and green lines on raster. It looks like there's a loss of syncronization caused by mistune of color subcarriers. That's a problem with drivers/software probably. Secam dialog in PC/VCR has bugs, "saturation" slider works like "hue", "hue" slider is disabled at all. I've contacted Matrox Techsupport but useless. They don't know nothing and don't want to do anything. Can anybody help? Does anybody know some registry settings to tune G400TV internal parameters or whatever? I am thinking of return of this card back to Matrox...

The registry heading that you are looking for is [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Matrox\RainbowRunner\0 \TVTFreq\..

At this point you then have a selection of folders depending on your TV standard and location. And within each of those there are further folders for "air" and cable which contain the actual frequency settings.

I'm not sure whether this will help you or not, since there is only one Secam folder, and that is for France. You might be able to set the standard to France during installation and then patch the frequencies within the registry, although I think that Grigory said that there were further (and more basic) problems.

Comment

You can find a response from Matrox french support at : http://www.g400-online.com/News00.htm

They say :

Component between RR and Marvel have changed. The old PHILIPS component is now incompatible with video output. It must be replaced with a SAMSUNG component. The inconvenience of this chipset is that even though it works perfectly in NTSC AND PAL, it is regrettably not as efficient as the PHILIPS chispet as for SECAM.
      We have already made a lot of modification in drivers so that SECAM is discovered in best but never we shall arrive at the same quality as offered be the PHILIPS.

However, we continue to try to have a better quality by modifying our pilots so as to try to administer in 100 % the possiblités of the SAMSUNG chipset.
      New versions of drivers will be dsiponibles in the current of February (rev 1.52) then in the current of March with the rev 2.0.

Comment

Thanx guys for your help! I already got my RMA...

Comment

I have the same problem with capturing Secam-East Movies. I heart, that the difference between Secam (France) and Secam-East is only the frequencies which are used. Maybe its possible to build a little things which changes the frequencies to them of Secam (France). Then the Marvel shouldnt have a problem to capture it in good quality.

Stevie

Comment

Working...
          X