Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oveclocking SGRAM

HI,

I have the 6ns SGRAM on my G400, can anyone suggest a conservative overclock settings?

Cheers

three things:
    #1 My case temp is below 75f due to wellplaced fans including a slot fan below the card,
    #2 I fragtaped some small heatsinks to my 6ns memory chips (cut out of the stock g400 heatsink ),
    #3 Installed a Lasagna cooler on the g400 chip
    good luck
    jim

------------------
    Abit BE6 with P3 500 @ 5*124=620
    14.6 gb Maxtor ata66 and 128mb ram
    G400 vanilla 32mb @ 168/210
    Sblive with Altec Lansing speaker combo
    384k DSL and Realtek nic
    Windows 98se with DX7a
    3dMark2000 = 2956
    Worn out reset button :O)

PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
    128mb pc-100 cas 2
    Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
    Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
    SB Live!
    Winblows 98se & DX7
    and 384k DSL!

Comment

I know I'm late (the post is dated Jan 2000) But that's the question I was going to ask too. I got G400 with 6ns memory too, and it seems when I OC to more than 180 mHz I get glitches adn testure corruption in games.

I wonder how others get to the G400 MAX level. How about 166 Mhz limit of 6 ns memory? I mean 5ns memory can work safely at 200 Mhz and 6 ns memory only at 166 Mhz. So I think It's my 6ns memory, not the core, that causes those glitches.

Anyone?

Comment

DuRaNgO[MU], I know how to stick cooles to chip and memory. What I really asked for was how achieve stable memory operation. For example, I have 66 Mhz system memory working at 100 Mhz FSB. I just set CAS latency and other stuff like cycles 3 and so on. How can I do the same for G400.

You say you got G400 at about 210 Mhz. What are your SGRAm settings? Whichever settings I set, I still get glitches in games.

Comment

I have a 16meg G400 card with 6ns memory too and I cant OC it more than 180MHz...
          I´m now running it @ 160/180 with a 360MHz SYS PLL and 2.5 ; 2 ; 2.5 for the divisers...and 8/0/8 for the duty cycle correction..
          I put thermal paste on the chip and on the memory and a heatsync with a fan from a celery on the chip...

Comment

Jonny Bravo, what is DUTY CYCLE CORRECTION? What is it used for? For example why do you have 8-0-8, not default 8-8-8?

Comment

I´m not sure what duty cycle correction is used for, but I know it is only necessary for clock dividers of 1,5 and 2,25...I think
              And if u use a SYSPLL more than 310MHz is better u disable the auto duty cycle correction because the table contained on the g400 only supports it up to 310MHz...so because I have clock dividers 2,5/2/2,5 i must put on a value for the duty cycle correction of the first and last dividers...I think 8/0/8 is the only combination that works well with me...if i change them I can only play Quake3 a short period of time, then it crash...and the image becomes like a broken mirror

Comment

Bringing Thread to Front page. Good STUFF John Bravo!!

------------------
                The Wonderful thing about tIgGers is tIgGers are fast deadly and sneaky. ;-)
                The Wonderful thing about tIgGers is tIgGers are fast deadly and sneaky. ;-)

Comment

Shove a fan (any 486 fan etc) on the heatsink or you can't realy push it much.

My G400 32MB DH 6ns has the folloing settings and has been stable for long periods of time.

Clock dividers-
                  Gclk 2.5
                  Mclk 2.0
                  Wclk 2.5
                  System Pll 400.5
                  manual duty cycle correction 0 11 0
                  and following memory settings from top to bottom
                  3, 2, 4, 9, 4, 1, Fast, 1, 1, 1, 1.0, 1.0, 2433

This gives 160/200 and a good frame rate increase (clocking the memory from 180 to 200 gives better bandwidth)

just remember to do the memory tweaks before adjusting the clock speeds incase it locks your system.

Cheers,

archangle

Comment

My vanilla 32meg was bought about 4 months ago, and must have been a pretty good batch. I've always run it overclocked, at the settings 389, 2.5/2.25/2.5. I had a fan on the thing, but it was noisy so I took it off--and it made no difference. It's been stable for months that way.

Perhaps I'll try slapping a fan on the backside, though--maybe that'll get me higher. My ram (6ns) can't take much more, though, so maybe a fan on the backside will allow me to run the core a little faster. Never tried putting little heatsinks on the RAM, though...I just don't think they can take much more than 190 on my card, so I doubt that heatsinks will help. I'm pretty happy with it right now, though.

It's running at 100mhz with 2X AGP.

Comment

Working...
                    X