Can you suggest me some setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you suggest me some setting?

I need some help on how Tweak my G400 32 (no Max)...I've the MGATweak and actually i set it to PLL 375 ,150,187.5,150 (dividers 2.5,2,2.5).
    Can you suggest me a better setting?
    In this manner I score 6307 in 3DMark99 (800x600,triple buffer,16bit)
    I've a PIII 500 @621 with 256Mb 7ns DRAM

Thank's all....
    Abit BE6 II
    PIII600@750
    256 MB pc133@125 MHz
    Matrox G400 32Mb (150,187.5,150)
    SB Live 1024 Player
    3DMark2000--->3411

I could but then your sister gets involved and...
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

That's good!!!!
      Ok Ok Ok you won......but yesterday i was only joking...I trust to your BIG Athlon....It's great!!!!and i fear that....
      Sorry yesterday i was a bit......stupid....
      Bye Greebe and thanks for your lesson....
      Abit BE6 II
      PIII600@750
      256 MB pc133@125 MHz
      SB Live 1024 Player
      3DMark2000--->3411

Comment

SWATTTT!!!! hehe
        jim
        System 1:
        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
        Epox 8K7A
        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
        SBLIVE 5.1
        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
        3Com Hardware Modem
        Teac 20/10/40 burner
        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Chris, actually your settings look pretty good. Can you up the PLL a bit higher than 375?
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've got it at:
            (up to now): System PLL= 517.50Mhz,
            Gclock=172.5Mhz (/3),
            Mclock=230Mhz (/2.25),
            WARP=172.5Mhz (/3) or 33.3Mhz (AGPPLL/2),
            manual Duty Cycle at G=0,M=4,W=0 ,
            max memory settings (in order): 3,1,3,8,3,1,Fast,1,1,1,0.0,0.0,3009 .

With my G400 SH 32mb non-max
            got it from a guy( forgotten his name)

C-dude

------------------
            "Let no one ignorant of mathematics, enter here."

[This message has been edited by Cyberdude (edited 01 January 2000).]
            I do not know, do you?

Comment

Thank's all for the advices but is possible that my G400 is slower if i set it at 571 (3,2.5,3)?There's no error in graphics but all bench(Unreal,3dMark,QuakeIII,etc.) are slower....
              Boh.....informatic isn't an exact science !!!!
              Abit BE6 II
              PIII600@750
              256 MB pc133@125 MHz
              SB Live 1024 Player
              3DMark2000--->3411

Comment

Hmmm.
                How did this one get by me?

Relocated to the MGA TOOLS forum...
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi there

Cyberdude, with your settings, how close am I of toasting my G400?

I did screw a 486 fan on the original heat sink and I also have a 2nd case fan.

Thx and Cya

------------------
                  Celery 366 OCed @ 458(83), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live! Value, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

--
                  Gilles Lalonde
                  SysAdmin (.RPM)
                  Linkedin

Comment

Every time I forget my mane, I think I'm the weird one, Aurel/Andrei

ChrisReal, why are you using 3dmark99 or any other benchmark program as a reference?? Can't you get a FPS of above 70 in any certain game, or what??

Jorden.

------------------
                    I have Win98, think it's a year old, so it must be good... but every 20 minutes I have a GPF. I have a 10.1Gb HDD, and a P3-450, but it always comes to me with its problems..

I bought a CD last week... it said 120 hours of fun on the box... I needed 120 hours to get the darn thing working !!

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hmmmm, is it me or does something seem broken or illusive to mgatweak? I got curious and tried CyberDude's settings and found some interesting results:

with...

*gasp*

Umm, I know a g400max just doesn't "magically" work at these settings. Yes, this is "applied" and it works totally stable with no physical anomalies I can tell. I think benchmarking give me like 1.5 extra fps in quake3... WooP Something tells me a very small bug or oversight has been fooling some of us. Either that or I've really been smoking crack.... *cough* *wheez*

My card usually goes berserk after the core hits 170... at least using my old settings with the old mgatweak did. I'm too lazy to reinstall the old one and find out if it gives the same results. Curious as to an intelligent explanation of this...

[This message has been edited by absalom (edited 31 December 1999).]

Comment

An update to my previous:

Another intereseting thing is that I can keep going with the PLL... I just did 1000 right now... nothing seems to have changed. Ghost in the machine perhaps?

Comment

Any system pll clock over 500 seems to be ignored by the matrox hardware.
                          Found this out a looooong time ago when i set the clock to 166 and got lower results than at the default 150.
                          I set it to 400 2.5/2/2.5 and still got higher results that the 166 mhz one, but higher than the default clock.

Comment

I don't know about this but I think Scout is right I've allmost have no changes in fps or other things!

I'm gonna try it an a lower divider maybe that will help!?

Oh yeah, I've got a P2 fan on my G400

------------------
                            "Let no one ignorant of mathematics, enter here." Plato.
                            1+ 1=2 "My math teacher.
                            You suck!!!! "me.

I do not know, do you?

Comment

is there another program you can use to check clock & mem speeds, to check if mga tweak is showing the correct speeds when we change the sys clock?

Comment

Working...
                              X