It's official!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official!!!!

There is even a link to it on their main page.

<A HREF="http://www.epox.com/products/mboard/ep-7kxa.htm" target=_new>It's Official!</A>

Looks like a good companion for the 4x AGP G400s, or the new G450s????

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

There's a review up at: http://www.slota.com/reviews/chipsets/kx133/
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

So, does anyone have any opinions on "integrated AC-97 audio support." I guess, at worst, it can be disabled.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I think I'll dodge these first KX boards. I'm sure VIA will get it right w/ AMD's help, but I still don't think I want the first revision of that chip to hit the public.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I hear the Audio is decent, and can be disabled n bios and possiably with a jumper as well. Only problems seam to be very bad memory scores.. low bandwidth

------------------
          PIII 450 @ 504
          generic BX motherboard
          G400 MAX : )
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
          Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
          Creative 36x CD-ROM
          HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
          64 megs PC100 RAM
          128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
          NetGear 10/100
          Soundblaster 32 AWE
          Diamond SupraExpress 56k
          Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
          1 92mm Sunon Fan
          4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Hi!

I'd be quite wary of any m/b with a Via chipset. I recently bought a new computer and - contrary to the quoted spec - the m/b had a Via chipset. I was not able to tweak it better than about 1/3 the data transfer speed to and fro hard drives of the reference UDMA drives that Sandra offers (the disk was 28 Mb Seagate UDMA 7200 rpm). I returned it to my supplier on the grounds that a BX chipset was quoted for. It came back with what looked like an identical m/b, except for the Intel chipset, from the same maker, and Sandra told me immediately that it was working nearly three times faster. The m/b importer acknowledged that the Via chipset was "slightly slower" than the BX (slightly = nearly 2/3 )

In this case, the chipset may be different, as the processor is an Athlon, so I cannot say whether this would apply. However, caution is advised, just in case.

------------------
            Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

There has never been anything wrong or bad with AMD's CPU's!
              But The MB chipsets available to use with them has almost always been crap!
              Even intel's CPU's looks bad when used togheter with Via or Ali chipsets!
              Hopefully VIA and AMD will produce something decent togheder

------------------
              INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
              G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
              SBlive
              128 MB RAM
              19GB HDD Space! (6.4+13 quantum drives)
              SONY CDU771 32X SLOT IN
              SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
              X