mpeg2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpeg2

hey all...i was just wondering, does the lsx mpeg encoder encode to dvd-compliant mpg audio and m2p video (or something similar)...or does it make one joint file .prm. If i have any of the file types wrong or it does something different, please inform...in addition, what program do you use to play it?
    Thanks

c'mon! somebody's gotta be able to answer this? Just tell me the format lsx encodes to and what programs you know that play mpeg2 in .mp2 .m2v .m2p .prm and so on. Please people!
    Again thanks in advance

Comment

Yes, Ligos can create VCD and DVD compatable files.

Ligos LSX 3.0 normally creates a file with both the audio and video. If you want you can configure it to retain the separate temporary audio and video files created before they are multiplexed into a single file.

The Ligos GoMotion encoder built into MediaStudio 6.0 can render audio only, video only or combined.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The audio which is created by Ligos is MPEG Audio (Layer 2 I think). What I prefer to do is to make up AC3 audio and then multiplex the m2v from Ligos with the ac3 file.

Salacious

Comment

kay here's more specific problem i have

I'm gonna format my drive and i just had the idea of archiving all my avi files as mpeg2. however, the program i use encodes them into .m2p or .m2v. I know that encoders can do dvd and vcd compliant...i just wanna know exactly what the extension it saves to. whether it's mp2 or m2p or .prm cause currently, to my knowledge, windows media player only play .mp2 and i tried running in my dvd player and it only plays video...so i gotta test around with this before i start archiving. So i need to know if lsx encodes to .mp2 or what programs can open .m2p .m2v or .prm

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X