Simple tool for adding resolutions to Powerdesk 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple tool for adding resolutions to Powerdesk 5

Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure how many people read all the forums or just some of them.

-------------------------------------------

I have created a simple Windows application to add and remove resolutions from Powerdesk 5. It is basically Helmchen's method with a basic frontend stuck around the dirty work. There is no error checking at all, so it will crash if you have any weird entries (i.e. other than xxxx,yyyy) in the VideoParameters section of the registry. It also only works if the Powerdesk display is enumerated as 0000 (this should be the case if you used the uninstaller before installing Powerdesk 5 and if you don't have multiple displays).

Please download it and send me your comments! I will do my best to incorporate any suggestions. Feel free to e-mail me, but the forums are a better place for comments that way everyone can read each other's feedback. Please note that I only tested this on my system, which is running Windows 98 SE with a G400 MAX and ViewSonic P817 monitor. Also, note that I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR REGISTRY, OPERATING SYSTEM, VIDEO CARD, MONITOR, COMPUTER, ETC., ETC. BY USING THIS UTILITY.

That said, get the Powerdesk 5 Resolution Manager here:
    http://people.ne.mediaone.net/veneziano/pd5resmgr.exe

------------------
    Mark Veneziano

Supermicro P6DGU; single Intel Pentium III 500 MHz; 256 MB PC100 ECC; AOpen HX08; Matrox Millennium G400 MAX with Rainbow Runner G-Series; ViewSonic P817; Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! with digital and optical I/O; Cambridge Soundworks FPS2000; 3Com 3C905B-TX; LANcity LCPET-2; Epson Stylus Color 1520; 2.88 MB 3.5; 1.2 MB 5.25; Seagate Cheetah 9LP 9.1 GB U2W; Plextor UltraPlex Wide; Yamaha CRW4416S; Hewlett Packard ScanJet 4p; U.S. Robotics Courier V.Everything; Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite; Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro; Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball; Microsoft Sidewinders; Microsoft Win98 SE ACPI enabled.

Mark Veneziano
Working...
X