G200Clk, problem, suggestion, and question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200Clk, problem, suggestion, and question

Here is my suggestion for the Matrox frontend- Have it search for progs in the moc folder and place them in the pulldown menu or have it read off of a .ini file for programs and there location. This will keep you from having to update the frontend everytime a new overclock program comes out, at least I think it will.

A question- What do Gclk, Mclk, and Wclk do?

And for my problem- I put a shortcut to g200clk.exe in my startup but when Win98 startsup it runs it and the settings are back to default. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Thien

You will find the explanation of MGA clocking scheme at my website (address in profile).

Comment

Tn: What "Startup" were you refering to? Is it AUTOEXEC or Windows StartUp folder? You should place G200CLK in Windows Startup folder.

GCLK is the clock that drives the graphics engine. MCLK drives the memory subsystem and WCLK drives the triangle setup engine in G200 called WARP engine.
      KJ Liew

Comment

Tn: Regarding the MOC frontend, I don't know whether Brian is here to read your suggestion. Maybe you should directly e-mail him.

I also have plans to work on the full Win32 version of all my Matrox overclocking utilities, but that would take some time. A native Win32 version will overcome many limitations of frontend.

KJ Liew

Comment

I put a shortcut in the Startup Folder in the Start Menu, that is what you said to do in Readme, right?

Thanks,
          Thien

Comment

Working...
          X