Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400DH and Windows XP

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with G400DH and Windows XP (build 2495) ? The included driver is very basic, so i installed the latest W2K v5.52 and it seems to work ok.
    There are some small issues however, the Dual Head functions are not very stable and
    easily crash with error message "run dll as an app has caused a problem and will shut down". After a couple of attempts the function works and i watched a DVD on my Widescreen TV. I hope Matrox wil release some XP drivers soon.... ;-)

Anybody have some other experiences ?
    Free your mind... and your OS will follow.

Matrox will release public drivers only when XP goes Gold (and available for purchase).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hi have you tried playing games such as quake3 black and white any games with open gl in xp i have had problems using a Matrox g450 and xp in builds 2481 and build 2495
      games work only in build xp 2462 when using latest w2k drivers jtk

Comment

PowerDVD v3.0 works with the 5.52 W2K drivers installed.I can watch DVD & DivX through the Dual Head on my widesceen TV. I will install Quake3 + Team Arena and the 1.29F Point Release. After this i will install the Urban Terror v 2.0 MOD.

Any other things that work or don't work ?
        Free your mind... and your OS will follow.

Comment

I don't know about build 2495, but I just downloaded RC1 (build 2505) last night and installed it. I then installed the 5.52 drivers for WIN2K and Quake 3 failed to startup correctly and it subsequently caused WinXP to hang. I had to use the reset button on my rig to reboot. I tried it several times with the same result each time. After that, I let Windows XP install its' own drivers and Q3 ran fine... I plan on doing more testing later. In general, I find that build 2505 is doing really well as far as stability goes.

Cheers,

Eric
          ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

I am using build XP 2463 with driver release 5.52 and everything is just amazing. I didn't think I could be impressed by this hardware again, but I am. It had 1280x960 @ 85Hz and I did not have to use the twek utility to add it on. I also am noticing great OpenGL performance in Unreal Tournament, Quake III, and yes, even JDoom runs much faster than 2K and marginally faster than 98SE. I have not tested the DualHead yet (I am waiting for an extra 17" this week) I guess some things are luck of the draw.

(For reference)
            PIII-700 @ 868MHz
            256MB PC-100 SDRAM (Micron)
            ASUS P3B-F (Bios 1006)
            Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DualHead
            Sony CPD-420GS (19")

Comment

xp and games

I am still having trouble using games in xp i just tried rc1 build 2505 pro i can play quake3 with drivers supplied with xp but it looks a bad with small faults in the picture, the trouble starts when i try to install w2k 552 or w2k532 drivers with open gl i think maybe its somthing to do with dual head open gl and xp
              my matrox card is g450 dh 32mb anybody tried playing games with open gl dual head and xp. the dual head function is disabled
              in settings.

Comment

Working...
              X